Motor City Afwayu Incoming, looking for reviews

tonmazz

Guys have this incoming and was just wondering what others that heard the Afwayu thought of it. Wade is a super cool guy to talk to and I have very high expectations.

I have both of these pickups in LPs and all I can say is :rock: The Afwayu being more a bit looser on the low but not flubby and has a much more (hifiish)tones feels like a lot more going on,these are 2 of my favs hands down tho!!!!

I have a pair of McCartys loaded with Afwayus. Theyre huge sounding. The bottom is insanely big but doesnt seem loose at all to me. Im able to light off so metal riffs with no farts and flub. Im slowly replacing all of my other humbuckers with afwayus. :rock:

^what these guys said. Great all around pick-up. I have a set in a PRS standard and had a set in an ESP Horizon.

jmgman69":3m3txjh2 said:
I have both of these pickups in LPs and all I can say is :rock: The Afwayu being more a bit looser on the low but not flubby and has a much more (hifiish)tones feels like a lot more going on,these are 2 of my favs hands down tho!!!!

I have both as well, I prefer the Solution but both are great pups.

I had an Afwayu in my '95 LP studio bridge. It was a pretty nice pickup. The guitar was a bit thin, so the added bass helped. Reminded me a bit of a JB, but without the honky mids that JB's in some guitars have. The highs could have been warmer and sweeter. I have Suhr Aldrich bridge pickups in my other LP's and I like them better, they are clearer.

I had an Afwayu for a while.
Had great tone but alot of bottom end.
I think it would work great for an amp that dont have too much lower end. Maybe a Marshall?
I was running it thru a Diezel and it was too much.
But it sounded good. :thumbsup:

Back