MV Mark amps

nmarevic

Did anybody heard this amps live? They are guitar division of Markbass bass amps. They look - different, have interesting features etc.
I also know that Markbass has tube head which rebias itself on every power on so I hope that they've put this technology into these amps too.
More here http://www.dvmark.it/

And pictures for lazy ones ;)
dv_mark_bad_boy.jpg

little-40-front_panel.png

dvmark_galileo-15.jpg

and video demo of Bad boy 120

Didn't even know Markbass had guitar amps. Markbass amps have a pretty good rep as a bass amp, though I have never tried one.

The clip of the BB120 sounds pretty good, I like that they use KT88 power tube stock, as I have never tried an amp with those tubes. :)

The latest MF catalog had the DVmark amps in it. Still haven't seen any other threads on these amps...

I saw these at the 2011 NY amp show. I didn't honestly listen to them, but anyone who went there would have seen them. Maybe someone who went will chime in.

I played a Bad Boy 120 at the NY Amp Show but, what I wanted to really hear was the 50 lb 4X12! It sounded good to me. The amp was okay sounding but, I wasn't focused on it as the thought of a 4X12 that weighs the same as a 2X12 and sounds good was very appealling. I will actually be able to chime in on this subject again over the next week or so as I've arranged to demo the DV Mark 4X12 in my own environment and they offered the head along to try with it.

Robotechnology":1ii4hkxa said:
I played a Bad Boy 120 at the NY Amp Show but, what I wanted to really hear was the 50 lb 4X12! It sounded good to me. The amp was okay sounding but, I wasn't focused on it as the thought of a 4X12 that weighs the same as a 2X12 and sounds good was very appealling. I will actually be able to chime in on this subject again over the next week or so as I've arranged to demo the DV Mark 4X12 in my own environment and they offered the head along to try with it.

Sweet, looking forward to your review and possibly some clips. :rock:

Back