My buddy Randy Black, killing it with Primal Fear

petethorn

Randy's a friend of mine going on 25 years now... Before I ever moved to LA, I knew him back in Canada. he was always a badass drummer, and he's still just a machine on the drums! Cool video for metal fans:

Pete - any chance you get can gear lowdowns of primal fear? I have always loved their tone both live and in the studio, but know nothing of their rigs nor is anything available on the web.

Hopefully something is possible my friend =]

Like his style paying the hi-hat (remote) off to the right of the toms
instead of the usual arm cross over to the left.(even thought he is ambidextrous)
Thanks Pete :thumbsup:

We need to get some videos of you on tour using a Go-Pro cam(Randy had one set up)

Geez Pete, another video. You're such a Shil……….
Selling Primal Fear bootlegs out the back of your car I bet….. :LOL: :LOL:

(The person who first used that word obviously didn't look up it's meaning either).

Great vid.. but how about the voice on the singer? Is that really live? That cat can sing.. gonna check out this band as i know little about them. Also had no idea you were a canuck? Or were you just living in Canada at the time. What part of Canada? (Don't say Toronto, I hate the Leafs :) )

Kapo_Polenton":3b2l3won said:
Great vid.. but how about the voice on the singer? Is that really live? That cat can sing.. gonna check out this band as i know little about them. Also had no idea you were a canuck? Or were you just living in Canada at the time. What part of Canada? (Don't say Toronto, I hate the Leafs :) )

glpg80":1vj5k9nn said:
Pete - any chance you get can gear lowdowns of primal fear? I have always loved their tone both live and in the studio, but know nothing of their rigs nor is anything available on the web.

Hopefully something is possible my friend =]

When I saw them live in the USA a few years ago, they were using Madison amps. I know one of the ex-guitar players was using an Engl e530 in his rack circa Devils Ground and Seven Seals era. It's only speculation on my part, but I seem to remember them using Engl Savages on most of their albums...

From what I know they use ENGL Savages both live and in the studio. I believe they also use the ENGL preamp and a Marshall power amp.

I love Primal Fear, I saw them in L.A. a few years ago in a TINY little club (Key Club). Ralph Shepers is one BIG dude, especially for that Soprano voice.

If you like Primal Fear, then you'll like Dream Evil. I think I like DE even more.
:rock:

That was sweet! I love watching vids like that. You can really experience the talent that someone has this way.

Great vid. PF is literally in my top 5 all time favorite metal bands.

I got a comp cd in Pit magazine back in like '99 and it had "Save A Prayer" - one listen and I was hooked.

Back