My favorite female youtube guitar influencer

System of a Down? I don't get it bro'. :confused:

Anywho, I think this might be the best I've heard her play.

Anything by VW is not easy-to-play. Cued-up to the right spot:

Yup, I've heard her here-and-there for a while now but the maturity required to play those tasty VW lines with the appropriate feel can't be "taught'... IMHO.

Incredible technique. Wish I liked it musically more but damn, she’s good. It’s funny, I wonder if dissonant, arpeggiated rhythms have become so common place, someone will come along just playing, non dimished/augmented, melodic voicings and it will be new and fresh all over again…lol

For non-metal stuff maybe you'd dig Lari Basilio; as far as I'm concerned Alyssa and Lari are the best female guitarists out there right now and no one else even really comes close

For non-metal stuff maybe you'd dig Lari Basilio; as far as I'm concerned Alyssa and Lari are the best female guitarists out there right now and no one else even really comes close
Lari Basilio is a genuinely great player. She doesn't just do "I'm a GIRL who can PLAY GUITAR" stuff, she actually makes cool music.
Probably my favorite female six stringer. Great technique with lots of soul in the phrasing.

System of a Down? I don't get it bro'. :confused:

Anywho, I think this might be the best I've heard her play.

Anything by VW is not easy-to-play. Cued-up to the right spot:

From the background it looks like Dad is/was a bass player and his pride and joy is taking real interest in Dad’s passion. That’s really, really cool. She’s got talent. Love the ole Barney Miller theme. VW is THE man on bass.

Take a listen to Li-sa X's first album. It's IMHO a genuine solo-guitarist's "masterpiece" but peeps just haven't heard it. I'm guessing she would've been about 12 when she recorded it. I don't know (I should) if she's put out a 2nd album yet.

She can do practically anything now. I followed her since she was 5 or so and for the first 6+ years her biggest flaw was her finger strength for bending. She was playing Polyphia and Guthrie covers age 7. She nails everything now.

IMHO she's hands-down the best female guitarist today 'cause she's got the chops across genres and has feel.
Incredible technique. Wish I liked it musically more but damn, she’s good. It’s funny, I wonder if dissonant, arpeggiated rhythms have become so common place, someone will come along just playing, non dimished/augmented, melodic voicings and it will be new and fresh all over again…lol
I think I've finally found the most-apt way to describe this sort of music brother:
It's the musical equivalent of a word salad.

Back