my friend bought the ds 100

I dont see that specific model on the Carol Ann website, can you direct me to where I can read up on it or tell me more about it?

Those clips werent half bad at all... your friend has really good chops. You should get him to let you tear it up and do some clips. Im very interested to see you put it through its paces!!!

the ds is dan spitz model and i think 2 were made

originally it was a angry gained up version of 100 watt OD 2 precursor to triptik but i believe my friend mentioned alan brought it more into current OD 2 spec

i was very familiar with the eq and controls and tones in it.

Sounds very sweet and full of tone..... :thumbsup:
Love to Hear how Danny plays thru it. I can tell its a monster from the clips for sure!! :rock:

i helped him set it up initially, and it sounded great, but then he started experimenting with different things

the amp does not gel with altec speakers. especially coupled with a fairly midrangy prs, had i heard it with those initially i would have passed for sure!

turning the treble up on the amp does not seem to bring out the best in the amp. i rarely went past noon. but using the very powerful mid control as the primary tone shaping knob, along with the gain to dial in the mid content, and then balancing the low end with the bass creates the best outcome IMO.

if you try too hard with the treble and bass you can get hashy, boomy or lose what the amp is all about quick.

the cleans are epic, the lead tone is creamy, and so that leaves a rhythm tone you need to "agree" upon to compliment the other tones. that can be a challenge, almost as if you need to scoop out some of the mid that makes the lead sound so great if going for a heavy marshall thing. and since i have not spent much time with the "3" series or triptk

since i'm not so metal oriented, i think a od3r would suit me fine!

Back