my friends shred

mentoneman

went to a really fun party Saturday night and got to see two shredding legends from back in the 80s metal scene in Hawaii jam together.

Mark (once a member on ths forum) on the left is lead gtr/vox from the 80s band Sacred Rite and is playing a Les Paul Deluxe/Fender comb owned by Brian, the guy playing my Tyler on the right through a BE100. Brian used to be in a band called Aaronsrod. Both these guys were the top shred dogs on the local scene back in the 80s (besides Marty Friedman). SR was my favorite band to see live back then and here is one of their albums on youtube:

Mark sings and plays better than ever and has a signature model Shabat guitar. i had to leave early before they got into full swing because i had to meet my grandkids at church early the next morning!!! but great seeing the gang again.

and yes those are mark IIc+ combos and heads in the background!

Some sweet picking going on. Looks like a good time and sacred rite definitely was a smoking group in it's day. Thanks for sharing mentoneman.

Some sweet picking going on. Looks like a good time and sacred rite definitely was a smoking group in it's day. Thanks for sharing mentoneman.
Blast from the past! if you listen beyond the 80s mix of the recording and imagine seeing them in person with more present gtrs drums and bass you get an idea of the fun. they used to cover all the sickies note for note too! here was a copy of their early set list one of their road crew brought on Saturday for some nostalgia:

IMG_1019.jpeg

Killer! Tyler’s are so rad!! These guys were cutting it strict!!
i just put new d’addario 9-40s XLs on her that afternoon and it’s shocking how killer the guitar plays and sounds with fresh strings!
i left the last set on WAAAY too long🤣

Hooo clean and mean cuz...

Yeah Mark Kaleiwahea was / is nuts....I remember him kid days up at Tantalus when my friends band Blitz Krieg was playing. Here's another good clip of Mark K.

Braddah hasn’t lost a step. This was the festival they were invited to play in Germany in 2019. they did great but i do miss OGs Peter on bass and Kevin (RIP) on drums.

went to a really fun party Saturday night and got to see two shredding legends from back in the 80s metal scene in Hawaii jam together.

Mark (once a member on ths forum) on the left is lead gtr/vox from the 80s band Sacred Rite and is playing a Les Paul Deluxe/Fender comb owned by Brian, the guy playing my Tyler on the right through a BE100. Brian used to be in a band called Aaronsrod. Both these guys were the top shred dogs on the local scene back in the 80s (besides Marty Friedman). SR was my favorite band to see live back then and here is one of their albums on youtube:

Mark sings and plays better than ever and has a signature model Shabat guitar. i had to leave early before they got into full swing because i had to meet my grandkids at church early the next morning!!! but great seeing the gang again.

and yes those are mark IIc+ combos and heads in the background!

Billy Bogner channeling his inner Ulrich!

Blast from the past! if you listen beyond the 80s mix of the recording and imagine seeing them in person with more present gtrs drums and bass you get an idea of the fun. they used to cover all the sickies note for note too! here was a copy of their early set list one of their road crew brought on Saturday for some nostalgia:

View attachment 300381
This is the coolest setlist ice ever seen! Tons of Riot! Total win!

Back