My Latest High Gain Mod Circuit on a 1979 Marshall

NewReligion

This is on a 1979 100 watt 2203.

4 stages of gain, non cathode follower. I inserted a 12VAC transformer & populated a DC Heater PCB I designed in Altium. I had 5 Metro loops in stock so I just popped one in instead of populating & using one of my own designed LND150 buffered loops.

Thanks for stopping by.
Kind regards, David Hopkins

Last edited:
Sounds good. Could we get a little more rhythm playing so we can hear the grind? The Loudness sounded great. What's the difference in this and the Pandora David?
The Pandora is more versatile. It has 3 & 4 stages of gain. It also has the ability to switch in clipping diodes though this is not a pre tone stack master volume Jose. I use it live just plugged straight in to the high gain input. No pedals needed for any of my circuits.

In addition I have a full clean channel with its own tone stack that is foot switchable for the Pandora which I have not done for the Divergent yet but will soon when I reach my allotted time block for
R & D.

Below is a Two Channel Pandora:
https://youtu.be/IrUYasZvhns?si=s0hifmixd7QWr7AT

The Divergent is a single input more saturated angrier circuit but not fizzy. It is all tube all the time. I pick up the 4th gain stage by ditching the cathode follower & using it as a cathode gain stage. The Divergent also has a second gain potentiometer.

Thanks for listening & posting.

David

Welcome back. Good to see you didnt hang up your soldering iron

Semper Fi
Thank you for your kind words.

Our Son is a Marine. I served in Combat Units in the USAF. I led USAF & USMC on more than 100 recons OSW/OIF 2002-2003. My Marines honored me with one of their bayonets, & a few other items.

They worked their asses off. We all received Valor Devices for our duties carried out far above & beyond the call of duty in the face of our OpFor.

I worked on SEAL Naval Warfare Facilities as well as other US Branches as I went through my Ground Combat Training on a U.S. Army Base in addition to serving with multi national forces in combat. I was also a Combat Arms Instructor.

So yo you I say Semper Fi because in my experience out of 24 years the USMC warriors were ALWAYS FAITHFUL.

Our Son gave me the flag. I should probably put it away as it misleads people & I do not wish to be accused of stolen valor. But I did earn & wore a beret 20 out of 24 years.

Thank you.

David

Still loving my Pandora. So much so that I am probably due for a power tube swap and once over. Will reach out.

Sounds amazing David as always. Love you’ve transitioned to custom professional boards and your own design of an effects loop. I love the pissed off grind you’ve got here all tube - I’ve actually wanted to dabble in how to get that myself too as I hate what diode clipping does to an amp but haven’t gotten there yet. Keep up the great work and the amp sounds great 👍

The Divergent is a single input more saturated angrier circuit but not fizzy. It is all tube all the time. I pick up the 4th gain stage by ditching the cathode follower & using it as a cathode gain stage. The Divergent also has a second gain potentiometer.

Thanks for listening & posting.

David
Yeah I got that angrier/more saturated right away, that jumped out in the clips. What's the donor amps you can do this with? Also are you adding the resonance control as well on the back?

Sounds good. Could we get a little more rhythm playing so we can hear the grind? The Loudness sounded great. What's the difference in this and the Pandora David?
I'd like to hear some more rhythm playing too, but in the 1979 vid I dig that bend you hold out and let scream. That alone tells me a lot about the overall sound/capabilities of the amp. Well done!

Sounds amazing David as always. Love you’ve transitioned to custom professional boards and your own design of an effects loop. I love the pissed off grind you’ve got here all tube - I’ve actually wanted to dabble in how to get that myself too as I hate what diode clipping does to an amp but haven’t gotten there yet. Keep up the great work and the amp sounds great 👍
Hello my friend. I really do appreciate that you listened and posted.

Your compliments are too kind, thank you.

I am enjoying engineering my own PCB’s for my circuits.

I'd like to hear some more rhythm playing too, but in the 1979 vid I dig that bend you hold out and let scream. That alone tells me a lot about the overall sound/capabilities of the amp. Well done!
Thank you Cordoba. I tailored the video to what the customer wanted to hear. Often I find that if the video is too long or has too much commentary then it is less appealing.

Thanks again.

Here are some chords for you. This is one of my ground up builds.

https://youtu.be/bVeD_ShOIQQ?si=lx_eezIQQcN5Y-ZU

Back