My Pro Series Suhr S2 came in today

Guitar Joe

I just received my Pro Series Suhr S2 guitar today. This guitar pretty much plays itself. It plays anything from blues tones to crunch tones – very versatile guitar. The color is Fiesta Red because I thought I would get something to some what match my summer car. The neck and action are smooth as silk – just an awesome guitar, couldn’t be happier. :rock: :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Attachments

• IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3,004
  • IMG_2772.JPG
    IMG_2772.JPG
    882.1 KB · Views: 3,009
  • IMG_2775.JPG
    IMG_2775.JPG
    789.7 KB · Views: 3,007
  • IMG_2769.JPG
    IMG_2769.JPG
    803.7 KB · Views: 3,010
  • 1969 Acadian2.jpg
    1969 Acadian2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,006
Nice guitar. Picked up an S4 several months ago. How's the action? I struggled with a lot of fret buzz and had to raise the action quite a bit. Over time I've learned that the Suhr's come from the shop with extremely low action and a nearly straight neck. I guess a lot of players have an extremely light touch. Even though I raised the action, it's still slightly lower than my USA Soloist, so it's all good. Pickups and their reaction to volume and tone settings are amazing.

Funny, i played an S2 today with a Swamp Ash body, they did a limited run. And it's selling for a killer price. I had an S4 that was such a headache that needed constant neck adjustments, action tinkering, and the intonation was always out of whack. But it played pretty nice when it was setup.

MisterBulbous":1mmd4w3j said:
Nice guitar. Picked up an S4 several months ago. How's the action? I struggled with a lot of fret buzz and had to raise the action quite a bit. Over time I've learned that the Suhr's come from the shop with extremely low action and a nearly straight neck. I guess a lot of players have an extremely light touch. Even though I raised the action, it's still slightly lower than my USA Soloist, so it's all good. Pickups and their reaction to volume and tone settings are amazing.

Mine came like this. I raised the action quite a bit. I don't mind a little buzz but this was bad and was causing some notes to almost mute out. I adjusted the truss rod first as I found it to have little to no relief followed by raising the action. It is great now but didn't come to me ready to play. I can't imagine anyone would have liked it set up like it was. I like low action but not at the cost of crap tone and fret buzz galore.

threadkiller":35gjcp7l said:
MisterBulbous":35gjcp7l said:

Mine came like this. I raised the action quite a bit. I don't mind a little buzz but this was bad and was causing some notes to almost mute out. I adjusted the truss rod first as I found it to have little to no relief followed by raising the action. It is great now but didn't come to me ready to play. I can't imagine anyone would have liked it set up like it was. I like low action but not at the cost of crap tone and fret buzz galore.

I played 4 new Suhr's today and 3 of them were like that, they just need a little adjustment.

Built in California, shipped across the country, wintertime, you're going to have to adjust the truss rod a bit. ;)

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that Suhr in your hands ?

Congrats !

And to answer what your thinking, no, not yet :doh:

Guitar Joe":kdjfv7kj said:
King Loudness":kdjfv7kj said:
Congrats. Did you buy that from Boutique Tone/Diffusion Audio in Montreal?
Yes I did.. How did know ? :yes:
Andy's a great guy to work with (Andy Cherna, owner of Diffusion). I've done some big runs with that cat and he's 100% stand up kinda guy.

Interestingly enough, I bought an S4 with limited edition curly maple top last year. Since day one that thing's needed constant "major" adjustment - goes out of tune constantly, needs to be "set up" almost weekly. Anyway, got tired of doing this, emailed Suhr, and IMMEDIATELY got Ed Yoon on line - boom - UPS lablel for pick up, everything's ready to go, no money out of pocket, no questions asked. Now, typically, I'd be pissed that a guitar of this 'cost' would need this kind of attention. So it goes... But I'm over-the-top impressed with the immediate and up front customer service of Suhr. This alone is worth the price of admission to me.

My guess is the neck is problematic, which has been the case with some of their maple issues. I'm not blaming them, I'm just super stoked there was no run around with trying to 'fix' the problem.

Enjoy your new ax - and while you're at it - enjoy that muscle car too!! Sweet looking ride :rock: :rock: :rock:

V.

Guitar Joe":8f4uhukw said:
King Loudness":8f4uhukw said:
Congrats. Did you buy that from Boutique Tone/Diffusion Audio in Montreal?
Yes I did.. How did know ? :yes:
Because I saw it for sale on BT/DA's sites... really nice guitar! I ordered my Modern through Andy Cherna and the experience has been nothing but pleasant so far.

Back