My studio re-amping rig...

Laura

No clips yet. My band recorded our last CD couple years ago. We have a new singer now so we decided to save some dough short-term and have him re-do the vocals on 4 songs and we also re-amped guitars. Here is my rig from this weekend. Fortin modded Uberschall and my 5153. The cabs belong to the studio. We used a Marshall loaded with 65's and the EVH and obviously V30's were in the Boogie cab.

IMG_2524.jpg

We recorded at Sonic Lounge Studios on Grove City Ohio. Tracks will be coming soon...

Laura":1x77jfh7 said:
No clips yet. My band recorded our last CD couple years ago. We have a new singer now so we decided to save some dough short-term and have him re-do the vocals on 4 songs and we also re-amped guitars. Here is my rig from this weekend. Fortin modded Uberschall and my 5153. The cabs belong to the studio. We used a Marshall loaded with 65's and the EVH and obviously V30's were in the Boogie cab.

IMG_2524.jpg

We recorded at Sonic Lounge Studios on Grove City Ohio. Tracks will be coming soon...

Killer amps!!!

Get a 421 on that cab!!!

Run it through a UA 2-610! I ran all my guitars with a UA 2-610 and they were crushing!

Moshaholic":cmajw7p4 said:
Laura":cmajw7p4 said:

IMG_2524.jpg

Killer amps!!!

Get a 421 on that cab!!!

Run it through a UA 2-610! I ran all my guitars with a UA 2-610 and they were crushing!

I can't recall what two of the mics were that he used but I know two were 57's. Here is his gear list. It is an impressive studio...
http://www.sonicloungestudios.com/Site/GEAR_LIST.html

Laura":2e3db1as said:
Moshaholic":2e3db1as said:
Laura":2e3db1as said:

IMG_2524.jpg

Killer amps!!!

Get a 421 on that cab!!!

I can't recall what two of the mics were that he used but I know two were 57's. Here is his gear list. It is an impressive studio...
http://www.sonicloungestudios.com/Site/GEAR_LIST.html

From what i can see that mic looks like and AKG possibly in the pic and i see a sm 57... MD421 & SM 57 are my faves for the brootal... I had other mics (even a royer 121) and still did not like any othem as much as the 421/SM57 combo...

Moshaholic":1mpqwe7x said:
From what i can see that mic looks like and AKG possibly in the pic and i see a sm 57... MD421 & SM 57 are my faves for the brootal... I had other mics (even a royer 121) and still did not like any othem as much as the 421/SM57 combo...
I looked closely and it is an AKG C 414 B. :thumbsup:

What a beautiful studio wow.. makes my home studio look like a hack job! I'll still post pics when I'm done though :) Almost there...

racerevlon":28ssp8jn said:
Laura--how did the Decimator Pro Rack G do? Is it worth the extra coin over the G-String pedal?

Cheers,
I took the rack, set it up but ended up not using it. I have not tried the G-string because I heard that the Pro-Rack G is much better. :thumbsup:

cool ! surprised to see 414's close mic'd on the cab ... more of a 57/421 fan myself through some bad ass neves... crunchy!!! but very cool...

I sold off my 421... I definitely wasn't a fan. Glad to see a 414 and a 57 on those cabs.

You have good taste Laura. Wait 'till you see my NADx5 in the next few weeks ;)

Nice! Couople of sweet amps right there!

Another big fan of the 421, but I prefer it paired up with an e906. And the 5150 III...they LOVE V30's, hope you guys got to try that.

Back