NAD: ‘83 JCM 800 2204, Metalhead modded by Elan Memran.

Man that is ALOT of gain but it tracks so well.

Thanks for the clip and great mixing and playing :rock:
Thanks man. Yeah I’m still dialing it in. I have a tendency to go too far with gain and then I’ll back it off and be amazed at how much better it sounds!

Yeah! I find the balance is kind of delicate but I’ve been getting a lot of different tones. I also love having the option to go back to a stock 800. How do you set yours up?
On mine my treble/presence is a little lower, I have the bass maxed without the bass boost turned on and I run the right added gain control wide open. Everything else is the same.

Last edited:
Congrats on the score, that's one badass sounding amp, still want one of these bad boys even though I'm smitten with my EVH stealth 100, the Metalhead modded 800 is still the tone I've been chasing for the longest :rock:

Last edited:
Awesome. Glad it’s working out for you! I’ve heard tales of how some were noisy and etc. That one is dead silent, though. I used the gate on the minimum setting, but didn’t feel like it needed it honestly.

Just the amp and a couple FF riffs here. Boosting the front end with an SD-1. I did a little post EQ to try to approximate the sound. I read that Dino used some type of Boss to boost during the album, plus he backed off the gain and quad tracked.

From Talking with him about Demanufacture he used Mesa Oversized Recto Cabs & an EMG 81 no boost. He did back off the gain for 2 tracks but pushed it back up for 2 as well.

From Talking with him about Demanufacture he used Mesa Oversized Recto Cabs & an EMG 81 no boost. He did back off the gain for 2 tracks but pushed it back up for 2 as well.
A lot of people don’t talk about it but he used that amp on this record too. The mix is much more raw than any of the Fear Factory albums and it’s probably closer to what the amp sounded like in real life.

A lot of people don’t talk about it but he used that amp on this record too. The mix is much more raw than any of the Fear Factory albums and it’s probably closer to what the amp sounded like in real life.

Exactly. He was the entire reason i wanted a Modded Marshall Back in the day.

Back