NAD - another Splawn Quickrod

Fusionbear

Was perusing my local Craigslist. Was looking for a used Splawn Street rod combo but came upon a Quickrod Half Stack for $1500.00!!! Couldn't pass it up. Picked it up and tested. Missed the bigness of the 100 watts..... I love the tone of my Competition but it can hit the wall when I use it with my Thrash cover band. Anyway....there it is...

20231019_143149~2.jpg

Back in 2003 I had Scott build be the first Quickrod in a JCM800 headbox in white tolex because I had always wanted a 1982 Anniversary white JCM800. :2thumbsup:

I fully agree.......... 100's always feel bigger and hit harder, even with two tubes pulled!

I sold it in 2004 after my band broke up but I still had my 79 Marshall that Scott had also modded for me.

Nice score!

Congrats.... I still think the Suhr PT15 is one of the best thought out and nice sounding amps Ive had the pleasure to own... I think you agree. If they release a PT50 that retains all what the 15 has with just more of it and headroom, I could be tempted to give it a go. I LOVE my SLO30... but that amp would intrigue me for sure. Cheers

Congrats.... I still think the Suhr PT15 is one of the best thought out and nice sounding amps Ive had the pleasure to own... I think you agree. If they release a PT50 that retains all what the 15 has with just more of it and headroom, I could be tempted to give it a go. I LOVE my SLO30... but that amp would intrigue me for sure. Cheers

For sure! I love my PT15IR, but sometimes wish it had more headroom....

A PT50IR 1x12 combo would be my huckleberry....

Sounds sick man. Beautiful amp too, I love the matching look and the kind of "standard" white tolex and black front panel. I'll admit I had one with the hot rod flames on it and as much as I loved the sound I got rid of it fast just for the looks (and spoiled me had another one almost exactly like it but plain white so it wasn't a big loss).

2010 - that's one of the "darker" years that seem to polarize people a lot. Sounds absolutely killer in your video to me, I'd be interested to know if you get bored/fatigued/tired of it after you've had it for a bit. I have an '08 and still love the crap out of it but there are definitely days where my ears feel funny if I play it for a long time because the amp doesn't feel "open" enough to me, if that makes sense.

Back