nad be 100

donho

after debating if i should or shouldnt I DID. purchased a be 100 and let me say dont regret it one bit.
fantastic amp. cant seem to find a bad tone in it at all.
love the way the tone controls react and contribute to the tone.
the one i bought is a 2016 model but the original owner had a solo boost installed by Dave himself.
what dave did was install the footswitchable solo boost where the line out was in the back. the original line out pot is now the solo level and the line out 1/4 jack is the footswitch input.
set up to only add vol no gain so its like a mesa boogie set up. gonna get a footswitch and see how it operates. Dave has it labelled as LEAD MASTER.
anyways the thing just rocks and the clean channel is BEAUTIFUL!!!.
one thing i found different was the power and stdby toggles seem backwards. on the friedman up is off and down is on? my other amps with toggle power switches worked the other way, but no big deal.
i just love it!!!!! :D :rock:

Congrats on your BE-100 (I love mine) regarding the "Toggles Switches" here's a Picture of my '68 Marshall with the switches in the "off position".
x6p0PFHl.jpg

I really love Dave's design of the BE-100 (beautiful sounding & looking)
5YDqt5Pl.jpg

did not realize the toggles were same on the marshall. my other amps were the other way around. what pos do you put your S switch at? do you use any of the voice switches. i run active emgs and find i keep my voice switches down or off.
thanks

Í like the Idea of a independent Solo Boost on the BE-100. If you only need a bit more from the same chanel

When I'm in the studio recording the song can determine it's position. As far as the other switches again it depends what the song is, if it's blues I look for more lighter tones so the "S" switch would be in the Middle=lowest setting or Left=little more slight distortion breakup and maybe an Overdrive Pedal (KOT) for a little more during solo's & melodies. Hard Rock I like the "S" to the right but also in the Middle with the "Voice" to the right= bit more top & bottom and aggressive. I listen really closely (also engineers) to the tone and harmonics of chords/melodies/solo's and the thing I love about Dave's amps is that I can have my KOT pedal full gain with my BE-100 full gain and in either BE or HBE you can hear every string and harmonics, really amazing! In my experience very few amps can do this so cleanly, and I've own many great amps.

The switches on the back depends on your style & taste, I like the C45 for a little more of the early Marshall JTM45-ish. The SAT for more metal style, and the FAT can make Single Coils sound nice for Jazz style but since Dave modified my Clean Channel I can also leave the switch off and it sounds wonderful! For live performance I usually leave the "S" right=position/Voice=left and all of the rear switches off, just use the guitar volume for the overall control and maybe an OD for a little more sustain during slower solo's (also EFX Rack). My full live setup would be a combination of Mic'd Cabs (wet/dry) & IR. You mentioned about a volume boost on your amp there cool if your playing live but can be tough for the sound engineer at venues if it jumps "To much?" levels can go to the Red pretty fast, just saying from exp long ago. For myself I'm not a big fan of EMG pups but I've heard "live", guys like Zack, Reb and Steve Lukather sound amazing with theirs.

thanks for the info. thats the way i am running it. switches at the back off, voice to the left and the S switch far right. control most of the drive with the guitar vol.
the emgs i am running are the new x series.

i am kind of curious about the solo boost function. like i stated it is where the line out jack and pot were and i am wandering how easy would it be to return it to the line out function.
the mod was done by dave himself and kind of think the components are the same just a different connection

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 848
donho":hcqsvbso said:
i am kind of curious about the solo boost function. like i stated it is where the line out jack and pot were and i am wandering how easy would it be to return it to the line out function.
the mod was done by dave himself and kind of think the components are the same just a different connection
Email Dave he’ll help you out.

anybody know what watt the resistors are on the mv pot and the line out pot. i know the ohmage , but not the wattage. they seem like they are fairly big.
thanks

Back