NAD (Diezel Paul -- clips added)

littleguitars

Just recently received the new Diezel Paul amp and am super excited about this thing. I tried it out at Namm back in January and fell in love with it instantly.

This amp does an excellent job of straddling the line between vintage and more modern tones.

I'm not sure how many weeks it's going to be before they hit the U.S. market, but I got impatient and had a buddy arrange to hook me up with the amp that was on the NAMM floor. Really glad to have gotten my hands on this thing. I'll try to post some clips over the next few days.

Edit for new clip:

https://app.box.com/s/wf09hnddbzw9tchnall08e6gt1cab9gn

a2c9348f-a46a-46cf-8de6-f1163d3647c2.jpg

P1019315.jpg

Thanks guys.

I've had limited time this weekend, but I wanted to post up a quick clip of my Fender Strat into Channel 2 of the Paul.

Gain for the first 30 seconds or so is at about 9 o'clock. After that, the drive is turned up a little bit to about 11 o'clock.

Thought about using a compressor for the cleaner parts, but decided to just plug straight into the amp. No post processing at all. Wanted to capture what it sounds like in the room.

I used just a bit of reverb from the amp and a slight bit of delay in the amp's loop.

It sounded better before I uploaded it to Soundcloud, but you get the idea.

https://soundcloud.com/jape23/diezel-pa ... -1-w-strat

Thanks guys. There are a lot of different tones to be had in this amp. I'm in the very early stages of dialing this thing in, but I figured a quick clip would be cool for those curious to hear a mic'd up sample of the Paul.

halebox":tp82uvvu said:
Cool sounds, does it have a high gain channel as well?

Yeah, the clip is all channel 2, but you can kick it into higher gain on channel 3.

Any chance to have a clip with a humbucker guitar and the Paul: a les Paul into the Paul for example?

jswevers":36zfu39b said:
Any chance to have a clip with a humbucker guitar and the Paul: a les Paul into the Paul for example?

So...... Some Paul on Paul action? :LOL: :LOL: Yes. Let's hear it. Last clip sounded sweet.

Your clip sounds amazing.

AFAIK production starts in 2 weeks. I've ordered one after hearing clips from NAMM and I'm really excited to receive mine soon.

littleguitars":2u6u54uy said:
Thanks guys.

I've had limited time this weekend, but I wanted to post up a quick clip of my Fender Strat into Channel 2 of the Paul.

Gain for the first 30 seconds or so is at about 9 o'clock. After that, the drive is turned up a little bit to about 11 o'clock.

Thought about using a compressor for the cleaner parts, but decided to just plug straight into the amp. No post processing at all. Wanted to capture what it sounds like in the room.

I used just a bit of reverb from the amp and a slight bit of delay via a Boss DD 7 in the amp's loop.

It sounded better before I uploaded it to Soundcloud, but you get the idea.

https://soundcloud.com/jape23/diezel-pa ... -1-w-strat

I enjoyed the clip, sounds really good. :thumbsup:

It's got a nice Plexi vibe to it. :thumbsup:

So the drive channels are different than the d-moll? More marshall like?

It sounds really good, i'm gonna get one

That thing sound awesome, a vintage sounding Diezl I think I would dig!
Would love to hear the same riffs played thru a LP w/low output Pickups!

Thanks guys. I will work on making some clips with humbuckers soon.

peterc52":3na69wuf said:
So the drive channels are different than the d-moll? More marshall like?

It sounds really good, i'm gonna get one

Thanks. I am actually only familiar with the Einstein and the VH4, so I can't really make any comparisons to other Diezel amps. Compared to those two amps, yes, I would say that, with the Paul, you can definitely dial in tones that are closer to the vintage/british thing.

Back