NAD Diezel VH2 head

Jbyrd78

Ended up treating myself to an early 45th birthday present this week! A
VH2 head demo model from Sweetwater. I ended up getting a better deal than I expected since I drove up there to get it.
Channel 1 no matter how it's set, sounds really great with all my guitars. This channeldefinitely my PRS Archon 50 clean channel some competition.
Channel 2 I'm starting to see has a learning curve to it, and is definitely is going to take some time to dial in. This channel pretty much has a "use your ears, and not your eyes EQ."
With that being said if any one has any tips, and or tone tricks they can share, I would much appreciate it. Rock on!

Attachments

• 20230328_123023.jpg
    20230328_123023.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 63
Congrats on the new amp! I took delivery of a VH2 late last year. Totally agree on Channel 1- gorgeous! For me, part of the challenge with Channel 2 is that, unlike other amps, there are no clearly defined "sweet spots". I.e. the controls are very linear, with no big jumps where things clearly "open up". Also, it seems to me that the controls cover a wide frequency range with some overlap between one another. Dialing it in with your ears and not your eyes is definitely good advice! I would also add: Don't overdo it with Bass and Deep. Depending on your combination of guitar, pickups and cabinet(s), things can get out of hand easily! Also, Mid will determine how "in-your-face" or laid back your sound is, as well as the onset of feedback. The Volume controls are very good. However, this is a 100+ watt amp and sounds "best" when it has some room to breathe. Lastly, make peace with the fact that it will sound different. Afterall, it is a Diezel! FWIW, my usual settings for Channel 2 are: Gain: 12:00, Treble: 3:00, Middle: 1:30, Bass: 12:00, Presence: 2:00, Deep: 12:00. Volumes adjusted to taste. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new amp! I took delivery of a VH2 late last year. Totally agree on Channel 1- gorgeous! For me, part of the challenge with Channel 2 is that, unlike other amps, there are no clearly defined "sweet spots". I.e. the controls are very linear, with no big jumps where things clearly "open up". Also, it seems to me that the controls cover a wide frequency range with some overlap between one another. Dialing it in with your ears and not your eyes is definitely good advice! I would also add: Don't overdo it with Bass and Deep. Depending on your combination of guitar, pickups and cabinet(s), things can get out of hand easily! Also, Mid will determine how "in-your-face" or laid back your sound is, as well as the onset of feedback. The Volume controls are very good. However, this is a 100+ watt amp and sounds "best" when it has some room to breathe. Lastly, make peace with the fact that it will sound different. Afterall, it is a Diezel! FWIW, my usual settings for Channel 2 are: Gain: 12:00, Treble: 3:00, Middle: 1:30, Bass: 12:00, Presence: 2:00, Deep: 12:00. Volumes adjusted to taste. :thumbsup:
Thanks for that heads-up. I'll have to try your tone settings and see how they work. I've also gathered, settings the master volumes around 9-10 and then using the channel volumes to open up the amp work best. I like my channel 2 gain around 9-10 so far as well. I've noticed the higher I turn up the gain, the more compressed the gain becomes, and the low mids increase. I have a MXR 10 band EQ that I'm going to try running thru the fx loop and see what I can acheive with that. Something else I'm going to try is throwing a 7025 tube in V1 and see what that does.

copy this guy's. He had the right idea. I had a vh2, and I thought it was a very good amp. Didn't end up being a keeper, but only because i was just running through amps to try them all. Had it and a slo at the same time. Preferred the vh2 by a good margin.
Happy New Amp Day!

copy this guy's. He had the right idea. I had a vh2, and I thought it was a very good amp. Didn't end up being a keeper, but only because i was just running through amps to try them all. Had it and a slo at the same time. Preferred the vh2 by a good margin.
Happy New Amp Day!

I saw this video a few days ago. Does he have the gain off, and the tone knobs on both amps set to 1? I paused the video and tried to zoom in, but it got blurry.

FWIW, my usual settings for Channel 2 are: Gain: 12:00, Treble: 3:00, Middle: 1:30, Bass: 12:00, Presence: 2:00, Deep: 12:00. Volumes adjusted to taste. :thumbsup:
Congrats as well.

My Channel 2 isn't much different. Gain between 11-1. Most everything else around 12:30-2. Master around 8:30, with the second set to 9:30 and the channel volume to whatever decibel level I need that day (wife/kids/alone).

If you want an awesome crunch sound. Max the Channel 1 volume, and boost it with a Blues Driver (9pm is all you need but you can run that gain up to 3pm if you want it even heavier). The pedal tightens up the Maxed out Channel 1 just enough to be a more open version of Channel 2 when its running at about 11-1. Turn the pedal off and clean up on your guitar's volume and the you are ALMOST back to the normal clean set a 1pm gain (even though you are still cranked).

If I could only have 1 channel of any amp and not be allowed to ever touch its knobs, its Channel 1 of the VH2. Crank it, use the Blues Drive and get clean with the guitar knobs. It can take you from a nice clean, to crunch, to shred.

Back