Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 84
So, how do you like it?
I really like it. Might be my favorite of the 20 watters of his line so far. The pull gain is a great feature on it. Gives it that extra boost without compressing like the sat switch does. The presence knob is also a big help. The Plexi channel is great also. Boosting that side is great. Still fooling around with it but so far it’s definitely cool.

I really like it. Might be my favorite of the 20 watters of his line so far. The pull gain is a great feature on it. Gives it that extra boost without compressing like the sat switch does. The presence knob is also a big help. The Plexi channel is great also. Boosting that side is great. Still fooling around with it but so far it’s definitely cool.

Nice to hear! Thx for sharing!!

Congrats. Have you played a JJ Jr.? If so, how does the JEL compare?
Yes I have, the JEL to me is more open sounding and has more mid range. Both great amps thou. I like the JEL better for my liking. More closer to a modded marshall. Having the 2 channels is great. As I said before boosting the Plexi side with my VFE Dragon is just killer. I actually like the tone of boosting that side more than I do boosting Marshall’s. So there’s much more in this amp than his others.

Last edited:
Yes I have, the JEL to me is more open sounding and has more mid range. Both great amps thou. I like the JEL better for my liking. More closer to a modded marshall. Having the 2 channels is great. As I said before boosting the Plexi side with my VFE Dragon is just killer. So there’s much more in this amp than his others.
That's how I would describe the Taco. How does the JEL compare in those regards? The pull gain boosts interests me a bit. The 100w JEL I owned made me work way too hard for pinch harmonics due to so little gain. And it was compressed and a bit flubby.

I want to hear the JEL Plexi side boosted in the front end and dimed -willing to bet its very similar if not he same circuit as the taco in one of the Structure modes

That's how I would describe the Taco. How does the JEL compare in those regards? The pull gain boosts interests me a bit. The 100w JEL I owned made me work way too hard for pinch harmonics due to so little gain. And it was compressed and a bit flubby.

I want to hear the JEL Plexi side boosted in the front end and dimed -willing to bet its very similar if not he same circuit as the taco in one of the Structure modes
The pull gain is very cool. It’s adds that extra gain without compressing. Actually adds a bit of brightness which I like. Yes as I said boosting the Plexi side dimed with sat on is off the charts… I use to do it with my BE Deluxe…Over the top good.

The V2 Taco I have is also killer. I’d say the JEL is more open with more gain. I’ve been playing the JEL all day off and on. Kinda can’t wait to plug back into the V2 to see. But the JEL has more options in tone that I like and I like having the presence knob. Wish he put them on all his 20 watters.

Back