NAD Laney GH-100L First Impressions

I had a GH50L for a while - very solid amp, and they were a hell of a good deal on the used market (dunno if that's true anymore)
Seems prices are around $1k but l was lucky to find a deal.

Was looking at the 50. Curious how different they are?

Seems prices are around $1k but l was lucky to find a deal.

Was looking at the 50. Curious how different they are?
Same amp just in the 50W versions. Had the 50 for awhile as well and always liked it. One of those one's I wished I had kept because it had it's own thing yet it had some Marshall flavor as well. Cool amps. And would be cool to have around for a different flavor every now and then.

Swapped the 5881 for EL34 for a test and found that the amp sounded more like your clips. Lost some of the girth but gained some clarity in the highs. More like a Marshall for sure.

Swapped the 5881 for EL34 for a test and found that the amp sounded more like your clips. Lost some of the girth but gained some clarity in the highs. More like a Marshall for sure.

i really dont hear much marshall in mine, im not sure how the S or TI as it became are different from the L's though, mines just lower mids with a different looser gain structure, it can get that chimey top though. im not sure why they arent more popular honestly, for sabbathy slower sludgier stuff its tough to beat

Back