NAD - Marshall JMP

boost

Happy new old amp day to me! BFG modded 100 watt JMP (the one in the middle). Been playing this a bit today just trying to dial it in. Was sounding good, but wasn't totally happy. Then I decided to go 'Trainwreck style' on it and there it was... :thumbsup: Straight in, no pedals, and work the volume and tones on the guitar a bit. This thing has a TON of usable low end and works well through the Bogner OS 2 X 12, but is ridiculous through my straight front Marshall 4 X 12 with 55hz Greenbacks! Love it.

No clips yet since all I can give you is iphone clips which won't do any justice to this amp. However, this was Paul's (LPFreak) and I know there are clips of him and Brian from BFG out there playing this amp.

Thanks again Paul! I think this amp is going to work out for me. Now I have to take a break from playing so the ringing in my ears will stop. Brutal amp!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 277
rupe":38lgiq59 said:
Nice! What's the story on the Trainwreck labeled amp?

That's a Ceriatone Expression I picked up used. I have no idea where the Trainwreck labeled faceflate came from as the guy I bought it from also bought it used and it was already on there. I kinda wish it didn't say anything at all or have the lizard logo on the other Ceriatone's I've seen.

Funny thing is I was playing a gig Friday night and a few guys were coming to the front of the stage looking at it. Then the guys girlfriend comes up and starts snapping pics with her phone. After the gig, the guy wanted to talk to me about the amp. I told him it was a clone. he said 'Oh OK. I just thought it was weird someone was bringing an amp like that into a bar like this!'

Now I'm afraid someone my try to swipe it thinking it's a real one worth $35K! Anyone got a Bugera logo for sale? :LOL: :LOL:

boost":26ssh04p said:
Happy new old amp day to me! BFG modded 100 watt JMP (the one in the middle). Been playing this a bit today just trying to dial it in. Was sounding good, but wasn't totally happy. Then I decided to go 'Trainwreck style' on it and there it was... :thumbsup: Straight in, no pedals, and work the volume and tones on the guitar a bit. This thing has a TON of usable low end and works well through the Bogner OS 2 X 12, but is ridiculous through my straight front Marshall 4 X 12 with 55hz Greenbacks! Love it.

No clips yet since all I can give you is iphone clips which won't do any justice to this amp. However, this was Paul's (LPFreak) and I know there are clips of him and Brian from BFG out there playing this amp.

Thanks again Paul! I think this amp is going to work out for me. Now I have to take a break from playing so the ringing in my ears will stop. Brutal amp!
Funny thing was when you played it for the first time and said "man, I can't believe nobody's bought this". Yep, it sounds that good. Happy NAD!

Back