NAD: Soldano SLO-100R (Rack Mount)

itsgoodnow

Hey All,

I usually don't do new gear posts but this one is a bit cool. It is the rack mount Soldano SLO-100. It is a 1992 version.

It is in really nice condition and is a cool looking piece. I have owned a lot of amps, but, have not owned a Soldano SLO-100 up to this point. I have to say that it sounds fantastic and really does not seem to convey as well over youtube or some recordings as some other amps do. It really has a great grain structure and the articulation is outstanding. While I understand why some people may not bond with these amps, I have to say, this is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. The SLO-100 sounds great even against a million other boutique manufacturers these days. Just thought my fellow rack and odd-ball gear people might find this interesting.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I had an '89 SLOr that I sold a long time ago. My biggest gear regret by far. It wasn't my favorite amp, but now it could have put one of my kids through college :(

Thanks guys. If this thing sounds this good now, even with a million options out there, I can’t imagine how mind-blowing the SLO was when it came out in the late 80’s.
As someone from that time and worked in Retail it was that mind blowing. It was also the most expensive amp around as well. But as you see it was totally worth it. I just picked up a SLO30 and it is also just an amazing amp. Congrats!

Hey All,

I usually don't do new gear posts but this one is a bit cool. It is the rack mount Soldano SLO-100. It is a 1992 version.

It is in really nice condition and is a cool looking piece. I have owned a lot of amps, but, have not owned a Soldano SLO-100 up to this point. I have to say that it sounds fantastic and really does not seem to convey as well over youtube or some recordings as some other amps do. It really has a great grain structure and the articulation is outstanding. While I understand why some people may not bond with these amps, I have to say, this is actually a lot better than I thought it would be. The SLO-100 sounds great even against a million other boutique manufacturers these days. Just thought my fellow rack and odd-ball gear people might find this interesting.

you should do a video!!

What an awesome find, so rare. Congrats!

I heard a purple racked SLO at James Lugos rig talk ampfest back in 2010. Loudest damn amp on the earth, the cabinets couldn’t even handle it. Literally need EVs to tame it and protray it as it should be at band levels. It was fuckloads louder than Bogner, Marshall’s, you name it.

What an awesome find, so rare. Congrats!

I heard a purple racked SLO at James Lugos rig talk ampfest back in 2010. Loudest damn amp on the earth, the cabinets couldn’t even handle it. Literally need EVs to tame it and protray it as it should be at band levels. It was fuckloads louder than Bogner, Marshall’s, you name it.
Thanks! That is really cool--definitely jealous you got to attend an ampfest. I am away from my primary rig right now and don't have an attenuator or direct box to tame the SLO and it is so fucking loud through the 4x12 I have here it is unreal. The only thing that I have been around that may be comparable in terms of apparent volume would be my old KT150 Wizard.

Back