NAD x2!!!

LunatiBSW

Low and behold I wound up with not one, but two. :doh: :doh:
New Amps
Gas can be a bitch. :rock: lol

Got the vht thurs, and the recto today. Hopefully get to jam out lots this weekend!
First off, I’ve always wanted to try a VHT.
Almost snagged an ultralead, and someone bought it when I was negotiating with the seller.
So I settled for a nice 50cl with eq. I’ve heard they can get brutal and great for metal....holy shit!
It is awesome!!!! It’s super tight, clear, open, and gets really thumping low end. It really really exceeded my expectations, and I think I’ll be keeping it. Especially If it keeps putting a smile on my face every time I turn it on. What a sleeper amp. I thought these would be great Rock amps or something. It’s a Metal Machine!!!!!!! I really like the voicing and feel too. I have the eq in a “v” and the edge and boost and (usually shift) engaged. Loving it!! Sounds great at lower volumes also. I like both green and red channels set up for brutal high gain, just different flavors. Killer amp with lots of slice. Can get good cleans too.
Next is a like new 2017 Mesa multi watt dual rec “reborn.”
This is my 3rd one of these, Ive always scored them cheap, and sold them when I saw something else I wanted. Cause they are fairly easy to score usually.
This one is the best I’ve had. Awesome cleans and tighter than other rectos. Has great cut! There’s just something about having a great recto In your stable. I’ve missed it. I’ve always played it through a Mesa 412 or 212. I like it much more with my Diezel and Avatar cab. (Avatar is finger jointed, front loaded cab with a metal shock mounted grill. It’s an amazing cab)
I’m playing both these amps through my diezel v30 fl and avatar custom fl k100 cabs in stereo.
They rip. Effects loops are great on both.

mk74JLyl.jpg

S8VSDLCl.jpg

JJzKi2yl.jpg

Here’s the cabs:

eYBWgmbl.jpg

Cool man!! I had the Rivera KR7 ‘Mick Thompson ‘ model.
Had an Amp fest many summers ago.
One bud branch his VHT Ultralead.
We were trading licks/riffs back and forth.
God damn if it wasn’t the exact tone. :rock:
So glad your digging it. :D

Awesome! VHT stuff kills!!! I loved my D60 and only sold it because I needed the funds for some of life's little surprises. Always wanted to try a Recto, and a Mark series amp for that matter. Maybe someday.

Enjoy!

Very awesome man. That fucking VHT!!

Been super curious about the 50CL. I had the 100 and I can say 2 things: Completely crushing and probably the one item I regret selling.

Nice additions!! That VHT is really cool, too. I've wanted an Ultralead forever. Sounds like the 50CL is definitely worth checking out! Killer!!

"Especially If it keeps putting a smile on my face every time I turn it on."

This is exactly what happened to me with my first pittbull,a 50/ST. I had a room full of amps(powerball,nitrox,marshall kk,randalls,etc),and this little VHT waltzed in and destroyed! As soon as i plugged into it,and every time afterward,i had a huge grin on my face. I would look around the room at all the other amps and literally laugh out loud.

Congrats on your new amp. Wait till you try the ultralead.

Racerxrated":3nkxfne5 said:
Congrats! Nice collection, you've got most every tone covered....

Thanks, lots of flavors of metal :rock:

Mailman1971":3nkxfne5 said:
Cool man!! I had the Rivera KR7 ‘Mick Thompson ‘ model.
Had an Amp fest many summers ago.
One bud branch his VHT Ultralead.
We were trading licks/riffs back and forth.
God damn if it wasn’t the exact tone. :rock:
So glad your digging it. :D

I’ve never tried any Rivera’s, need to though. Amp fest sounds so badass!!! I bet it’s nice to see which amps are more similar or different. I’m jelly!

Mr. Willy":3nkxfne5 said:
Clips of the VHT please!

For sure, soon :thumbsup:

Steinmetzify":3nkxfne5 said:
Dude NOICE.....that 50CL is a total sleeper amp, one of the best I've ever played. Congrats on the scores!

Thanks buddy! It shocked the hell out of me. Figured I’d dig it but flip it, and wanted to still give it a spin. But it’s a beast, that’ll prob stay until I can try and ultralead. Glad I took some reliable advice and pulled the trigger on the vht. It slays!

MetalHeadMike":3nkxfne5 said:
Awesome! VHT stuff kills!!! I loved my D60 and only sold it because I needed the funds for some of life's little surprises. Always wanted to try a Recto, and a Mark series amp for that matter. Maybe someday.

Enjoy!

Thanks dude!
Yeah I’ve flipped stuff in the moment of gas overload. I’m wanting to try all my curiosity amps now, and having fun doing so :D
Rectos are fun. They are a very familiar tone!

maddnotez":3nkxfne5 said:
Very awesome man. That fucking VHT!!

Been super curious about the 50CL. I had the 100 and I can say 2 things: Completely crushing and probably the one item I regret selling.

You were one of the ones I was listening to, when I decided to get the CL.
I know you tried the 100, but the 50 seems to be lacking NOTHING honestly. It gets crushing and tight on the low end. I think the graphic eq is the magic, that and how unsaturated and open they are.
My other amps are loud as hell. Being the herb and the butterslax.
The 50cl is punishing. Maybe cause it going through (2) FL 4x12’s. :LOL: :LOL:

ChurchHill":3nkxfne5 said:
Nice additions!! That VHT is really cool, too. I've wanted an Ultralead forever. Sounds like the 50CL is definitely worth checking out! Killer!!

For cheap they can be had, it’s astonishing to me it doesn’t get more praise from the metal crowd.
Maybe the classic lead name throws them off. It will thrash with the best of them though. Makes me wonder how much crazier the UL is.

Wizard of Ozz":3nkxfne5 said:
Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

That MW Recto thru the Diezel 4X12 destroys. Enjoy. :cheers:

Yeah it does. These new rectos are amazing!! Thanks bro!

candletears7":2474itq0 said:
Nice setup. How and where do you run your cabs, or do you go into loadboxes into a DAW?

Thanks! Cabs are on the other side, with long GOOD speaker cables.
1 cable per output of amp. No daisy chaining cabs.
eYBWgmbl.jpg

rottingcorpse":3hem83ej said:

This is exactly what happened to me with my first pittbull,a 50/ST. I had a room full of amps(powerball,nitrox,marshall kk,randalls,etc),and this little VHT waltzed in and destroyed! As soon as i plugged into it,and every time afterward,i had a huge grin on my face. I would look around the room at all the other amps and literally laugh out loud.

Congrats on your new amp. Wait till you try the ultralead.

Thanks much!
I played Robs vht module based off that amp, so I’m sure it was good.
It is silly for how much I payed, for the tones this puts out.
I’m very curious about the UL, would love to snag one now.

Deanmachine":3hem83ej said:

Thanks!

Congrats.
People like to bash DR a lot, but there's no denying it can get very useable tones out of all 3 chs.
As for the 50cl, yes it's a killer rock/metal amp and can get super tight with the GEQ.
I don't even remember why I sold mine?! I must have been in the mood for downsizing...

rottingcorpse":27c3m31m said:

This is exactly what happened to me with my first pittbull,a 50/ST.

Same thing happened to me... I still have my 50/ST and it's still a killer! It blends so well with other amps, too, adds this somehow subtle but still overwhelming sense of brutality while still letting the other amp be heard.

I agree that these amps, seems like all of them except maybe the UL, are just tragically under the radar (judging by the prices on the used market). So tight, so mean, but so musical.

Back