need assistance with a wet/dry set up

Hello all,
so I have 2 100 watt heads, (a friedman and a marshall) and 2 4x12 cabs. both heads have a loop. but only the friedman has a line out. I want my dry signal the friedman and the wet signal the marshall. How do I do this? where do I put in my effects ?
Do I need anything else?

Get a quality A/B/Y type box with a polarity switch and run that into the front of each head. Put the effects in the loop of the Marshall. Done.

From the friedman fx-loop send to an fx unit input say a Quadraverb set to 100% Wet (kill dry), from the fx unit out to the marshall fx-loop return or poweramp in. Use the fx units volume to control the volume of the marshall. Friedman will be dry only and the marshall wet only.

Works perfect with my 2 marshall amps.

A multifx rack unit like Quadraverb is perfect for this as you can adjust all levels inside the unit. No need for external mixers, splitters and stuff. Just one multifx unit that does it all.

I used an old Ibanez modulation pedal. In the loop of one 5150 half stack and dry out from the pedal into the other return of the second 5150 half stack effects loop. Worked perfectly.

Here's an easy and cheap way..get a Boss stereo Chorus like a CE5 and run it in front of your amps and use it as a splitter..and just set you effects up through the loop of whichever amp you choose. Then when you turn the chorus on it gives you a cool stereo effect. Its not slaving but its a cheap and effective way to run one wet and one dry. The CE5 has a wet output and a dry so it works well.

The other way to do it is this. . .

Take the line out of the Friedman, into the effects racks, out of the racks into the return loop of the Marshall.

This method will use the tone from only the Friedman -- the Marshall will essentially act as a power amp.

but on some marshalls, using fx return in bypasses the master volume so you have to use the effect unit's output level to control wet volume balance.

boost":1lvpp7yq said:
Get a quality A/B/Y type box with a polarity switch and run that into the front of each head. Put the effects in the loop of the Marshall. Done.

Simple and easy way right there and preserves the tone better I think. If you don't know what an ABY box is then man you gotta lot of learning to do, no offense.

I actually run my dual amp setup different. Run everything up front of amp one. Then running stereo mods, delays and stereo WET in loop of amp one and two by going into both amps effects returns. as others stated this is just using the main tone of amp 1 and amp 2 is using amp 1's preamp and just acting as a power amp. This sounds best with true stereo effects pedals in the effects loop. Sounds amazing.

Back