Need help identifying a jackson

I have this Jackson Professional (MIJ) from the early 1990's. When I bought it the seller (who is the original owner) said it was 1991. Its a SL1 model neck thru in a mother of pearl white finish with shark inlays. It has the serial number on the last fret. Serial number starts with J 000***. The headstock has JACKSON PROFESSIONAL on it.

Can anyone help me with more information on this model?

Soloist Professional from 1990 to 1995, made in Japan at the Chushin Gakki factory. Those are the good years of the MIJ Jackson. It has a SL1 configuration but technically it's not a SL1 because it's the USA select that are name that way. I had a Randy Rhoads from those years that was very close quality wise to my later USA Select Soloist SL2H.

Hope that helps!

I know there is one in red (with tunomatic bridge) on Reverb for $1399.00 plus $60 for shipping. I believe he has it listed on Ebay as well. Are these selling for that much in the used market? Doesnt seem to be too many floating around

Metal1977":23cf49ia said:
Soloist Professional from 1990 to 1995, made in Japan at the Chushin Gakki factory. Those are the good years of the MIJ Jackson. It has a SL1 configuration but technically it's not a SL1 because it's the USA select that are name that way. I had a Randy Rhoads from those years that was very close quality wise to my later USA Select Soloist SL2H.

Hope that helps!

Every bit helps. Thanks :thumbsup:

I had a 91. Nice guitar. My truss rod cover said Professional. The model below says standard. The best one is a pro that has nothing on the truss cover. I think those were 1990 but not positive. This is the one that was said to be as good or better than the USA model but the Professional is still a very good guitar. Mine had the Jackson pickups.

I guess if I were shopping for a soloist, I'd look for a USA first and buy it before a MIJ. There seems to be a few USA soloists around for less than the 1399 that you have as an example. GC has a USA with a graphic, 90s for 1200.

This is mine

jackson_zpss0p9whjs.jpg

longfxukxnhair":9b3sz6c8 said:
This is mine

jackson_zpss0p9whjs.jpg
What you have is a Japanese Pro series with a JXXXXXX serial, I presume. This is indeed a very good quality guitar, it rivals the USA Select series in almost every way and were built from 1990-95. . It is, in no way better though. Does it take a 9v battery? Sometimes those with the covered pickups have an "active" electronic mid boost dealey bober in them. I believe those that had it got a J50B in the bridge. I have a Kelly pro '94 IIRC and it is a great guitar, right there with the rest of my USA selects. I got lucky with mine as it has the J92C bridge humbucker that was by far the best pickup Jackson ever made and is a rippin' little guy.

Value is $650-900. They will never go over $1000, because you can buy USA Select Jacksons for a grand.

RJF":2vulogk9 said:
longfxukxnhair":2vulogk9 said:
This is mine

jackson_zpss0p9whjs.jpg
What you have is a Japanese Pro series with a JXXXXXX serial, I presume. This is indeed a very good quality guitar, it rivals the USA Select series in almost every way and were built from 1990-95. . It is, in no way better though. Does it take a 9v battery? Sometimes those with the covered pickups have an "active" electronic mid boost dealey bober in them. I believe those that had it got a J50B in the bridge. I have a Kelly pro '94 IIRC and it is a great guitar, right there with the rest of my USA selects. I got lucky with mine as it has the J92C bridge humbucker that was by far the best pickup Jackson ever made and is a rippin' little guy.

Value is $650-900. They will never go over $1000, because you can buy USA Select Jacksons for a grand.

Mine does take a 9v battery.

Thanks for the info

Yep... Japan built Pro... nice axe... value is more like $500-$700. I can buy a USA SL1/SL2H used for $1000-1200 all day long right now.

I definitely wouldn't shy away for those 90's Japanese built jacksons. My old Rhoads Pro and my buddies old King V Pro smoked a USA Korina KV1 that I had around the same time. The build quality was equal, but the tone on both the Japanese guitars was so much better. I'm still kicking myself for not buying his King V Pro when I had the chance years ago.

fearhk213":zmibpw0w said:
I definitely wouldn't shy away for those 90's Japanese built jacksons. My old Rhoads Pro and my buddies old King V Pro smoked a USA Korina KV1 that I had around the same time. The build quality was equal, but the tone on both the Japanese guitars was so much better. I'm still kicking myself for not buying his King V Pro when I had the chance years ago.

It is a phenomenal player.

Those are great axes. I bought the king v version as my first new guitar. I traded it in on a USA but they were great guitars for the money. The info already given is solid. I would also say value is 500-700.

Back