Need help with pickup wiring

nightlight

I picked up a couple of new pups that should be reaching me someday soon. The pups have four wires, but the guitar I want to use them in won't need the coil tapping possibilities. Would this diagram here be the correct way to wire things up?

Also, the colours of the wires of the pups are green and white, yellow and red. Would the red be the wire I connect to the switch and the yellow to ground? Just connect green and white and tape them off?

The pickups are BKP Blackhawks, the alnico version.

1694879744072.png

Another question, I plan to replace the pickup in another guitar with the Aftermath I am taking out of the guitar I am putting the Blackhawks into. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a guitar with one humbucker (with four wires) and a single coil pickup and just a single volume knob? Guitar is a Caparison Horus HGS.

I picked up a couple of new pups that should be reaching me someday soon. The pups have four wires, but the guitar I want to use them in won't need the coil tapping possibilities. Would this diagram here be the correct way to wire things up?

Also, the colours of the wires of the pups are green and white, yellow and red. Would the red be the wire I connect to the switch and the yellow to ground? Just connect green and white and tape them off?

The pickups are BKP Blackhawks, the alnico version.

View attachment 248564

Another question, I plan to replace the pickup in another guitar with the Aftermath I am taking out of the guitar I am putting the Blackhawks into. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a guitar with one humbucker (with four wires) and a single coil pickup and just a single volume knob? Guitar is a Caparison Horus HGS.
you sure there's a yellow wire .... this is the wire color diagram I found for BareKnuckle pickups ....

1694882528204.jpeg

Another question, .....Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a guitar with one humbucker (with four wires) and a single coil pickup and just a single volume knob? Guitar is a Caparison Horus HGS.

What kind of switch for the pickup selection?

SD, and other places have some pretty comprehensive wiring diagrams.

you sure there's a yellow wire .... this is the wire color diagram I found for BareKnuckle pickups ....

View attachment 248570

029da843-c2ec-4830-816d-a29bcd066ab6.jpeg

It looks yellow in this picture, not sure why.

What kind of switch for the pickup selection?

SD, and other places have some pretty comprehensive wiring diagrams.
Oops, forgot to mention: it’s a three way toggle switch, not the blade type.

That diagram is exactly what you want as far as wiring the switch goes. But just to state the obvious, for clarity:
Remember your pickup wire colors will be BKP, not the Duncan colors shown.

So black will be your ground wire, not green.
Green & white get connected together, not red & white.
And red will be your hot, not black.

PS: In your pic, someone extended the lead with yellow wire; it looks fatter than the stock wire.
That'll be the original black wire, so it should go to ground.

That diagram is exactly what you want as far as wiring the switch goes. But just to state the obvious, for clarity:
Remember your pickup wire colors will be BKP, not the Duncan colors shown.

So black will be your ground wire, not green.
Green & white get connected together, not red & white.
And red will be your hot, not black.

PS: In your pic, someone extended the lead with yellow wire; it looks fatter than the stock wire.
That'll be the original black wire, so it should go to ground.
Cool, thank you.

Much appreciated, thanks, man.

Back