Neutral sounding speakers..

Mudder

I'm putting together a rig based on 2x12, mosvalve mv-962, and a Tech 21 Liverpool for preamp. It's the V1 without speaker emulation defeat. The emulation is a Bulldog/Alnico blue. So I'm looking for a fairly neutral speaker for the cab. I was thinking something like a Jensen Blackbird, G100k, or EV. This rig is supposed to be the inexpensive grab and go, no-tube ultra reliable setup, so cheaper would be better.

Eminence Delta Pro 12A is a cheaper version of EV is you go that route. $120 on Amazon. I have a well broken in pair in a sealed 2x12. They :rock:

tripstan":2dwbrjkc said:
Eminence Delta Pro 12A is a cheaper version of EV is you go that route. $120 on Amazon. I have a well broken in pair in a sealed 2x12. They :rock:
Nice, thanks. Would you say they are a pretty balanced speaker?

My vote goes to the G12K100

By far the most balanced and neutral sounding driver under the most varied conditions I've ever experienced. Played with several Diezels, Bogner, Mak4, Fryette CL, Marshall JCM800, and a few others - not always the "best" sounding cone for the application, but definitely the most balanced.

Mo

Mudder":2lkkgwyx said:
tripstan":2lkkgwyx said:
Nice, thanks. Would you say they are a pretty balanced speaker?
Yes very balanced. K100 sound like they would be good to but I have no experience with them. IMO the Delta's are more balanced than the 12ML's. I had a pair of 80 EV 12ML's that had a little too much high end for being a "balanced" speaker.
What's your thoughts on the EV's Uncle Mo? Thinking I need to try some K100's.

Ventura":2z9bjtw5 said:
My vote goes to the G12K100

By far the most balanced and neutral sounding driver under the most varied conditions I've ever experienced. Played with several Diezels, Bogner, Mak4, Fryette CL, Marshall JCM800, and a few others - not always the "best" sounding cone for the application, but definitely the most balanced.

Mo

yep! my vote too!

c80's are top endy, but can be tamed. k100 for sure! they can handle a LOT of power too.

Back