New Alice in Chains CD.

richedie

Let me say I am the biggest Alice fan.....but this is their worst effort, ever. They should hang it up today. Jerry should stick with his solo project and abandon AIC. Sounds like the same old, same old only worse and without Layne. :no: :no: :aww: :aww: :no: :aww:

I like it better than the dog album :scared:

I think if they did something a la Jar of Flies and Jerry kept his mouth shut just a bit, it would be much better
William is a much superior singer than him
I can hear a lot of Facelift on Acid Bubble and it's almost flawless, except for the heavy part with Jerry singing
Take Her Out has a Get Born Again/Angry Chair beat with a Sea of Sorrow/Bleed the Freak chorus, but Jerry really wasted the song with those cheesy vocals and guitar overdubs
that song should've been an instant GOOD hit

:no:

richedie":2lmo8ktw said:
Let me say I am the biggest Alice fan.....but this is their worst effort, ever. They should hang it up today. Jerry should stick with his solo project and abandon AIC. Sounds like the same old, same old only worse and without Layne. :no: :no: :aww: :aww: :no: :aww:

yeah it is a damn fine effort, I feel like they did the AIC thing the right way. Wasn't a stab at duplicating any prior AIC record or sound. On a side note though, the dog record, is...the best AIC record. In my opinion of course, but none the less...it's the best. Nothing else quite touches it, sound wise, quality wise, focus wise, etc.
-Brent

It just sounds like watered down Alice in Chains with singing that is nowhere near as good as with Staley. The Dog album was pretty bad, had a few good songs though.

I disagree. Black gives way to blue is the only AIC album that really stuck with me. I just wanted to keep listening to it. I think it is their best effort to date!

I find good songs in all the albums. It is about life, death, some fucked up scenes. They play it out however feels right. I like all the albums for the phase the band is going thru. How messed up is it to lose half the band to addictions? I like Jerry on guitar and the minimalist style with Maximus tone.

As great a singer as Layne was, he got bat shit crazy and killed himself. I'm not going to put a guy like that on a pedestal. Jerry is a survivor, when the others could not. Gotta respect that. The new band is the new band. I'm glad they kept going. Black gives way to Blue is a great work.

I think of Your Decision...

Story on Layne:

From 1999 to 2002, Staley became more reclusive, rarely leaving his Seattle condo; little is known about the details of his life during this period. It was rumored that Staley would spend most of his days creating art, playing video games, or nodding off on drugs. Staley's mother owns the last known photo of Staley, taken on February 14, 2002, which features him holding his newborn nephew, Oscar,[34] although the photo has never been published. Other than this rare incident, Staley was not seen often by family or friends. In his last interview, Staley stated, "Don't try to contact any AIC (Alice in Chains) members. They are not my friends."[35] Kinney has commented on Staley's final years and isolation period:
"I kept trying to make contact...Three times a week, like clockwork, I'd call him, but he'd never answer. Every time I was in the area, I was up in front of his place yelling for him...Even if you could get in his building, he wasn't going to open the door. You'd phone and he wouldn't answer. You couldn't just kick the door in and grab him, though there were so many times I thought about doing that. But if someone won't help themselves, what, really, can anyone else do?"[10]

I am also a big fan of Alice and I really impressed with his work. I can hear a lot of Facelift on Acid Bubble and it's almost flawless, except for the heavy part with Jerry singing. They must perform together.

Back