New book on electric guitar bedroom recording mentions these forums

TheToneDig

Hello, :)

I regularly use these forums. I like it so much I mention it in my book's references for places to go after.

I decided over lockdown to put together "Adventures in Bedroom Electric Guitar: A guide to electric guitar home studio recording & amp tone sound" aimed mostly at Kindle but also in print about rigging out an electric guitar recording bedroom studio.

It covers a few ways this is done in 300 to 350 pages. It especially goes into amp tubes to IR to DAW systems. Most of you already know all about this sort of thing but I decided to try and put it into words and examples in a reasonably sized and priced read.

B09JG79TLJ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

If there was a book like this before it would have helped me save money and time. So that is why I wrote it. To have as many tips on gear for the modern tube IR loadbox hybrid DAW user looking for an overview of how to do it right before investing in anything. The book includes a link to these forums because I thought they were so informative and useful.

I think compared to many books on electric guitar gear you get more value per page. However, the real value is in how good the information is and how up to date and I think I am close to 99% coverage of the day-to-day stuff you read about these forums especially with guitar home recording. I don't believe I know everything, probably make mistakes, but I think many of you will find it close to the mark.

So I offer some pathways to achieve these goals. You can read a sample here or on Kindle and even visit my site below which links up to everything. I also added a PDF attachment of the sample.

I think in the end at least you will have a vocabulary of the jargon to ask questions in a great form like this one.

I hope you enjoy reading it. I'll get back to reading these forums and recommending them more.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• Adventures in Bedroom Electric Guitar Chapter 1.pdf
    640.3 KB · Views: 89
Awesome sauce, mate! Congrats on the book man. :cheers2:

Thank you also for recommending the forum and following me. I'd have left a message for you on my wall as I'd have done in other forums but couldn't find it here (is there one?).

Thank you again and good luck with sales, man. :thumbsup:

Awesome sauce, mate! Congrats on the book man. :cheers2:

Thank you also for recommending the forum and following me. I'd have left a message for you on my wall as I'd have done in other forums but couldn't find it here (is there one?).

Thank you again and good luck with sales, man. :thumbsup:
I enjoy reading your posts on here dude! On my website is a feedback form for anyone wanting to directly contact me about anything.

I just hope that if someone new is stuck and wants something technically detailed about small room guitar amp recording setups, to read about, then this is the book to try out. I think it will help out just like these forums are a big help.

Peace.

Why the sudden change in attitude bro'?

The question is rhetorical; I'll not debate this with you.

1) You were temp-banned for your behaviour there.
2) You apologised / ate humble pie.
3) Members said "no worries".

All was resolved and looking-good and now you're butthurt about the thread, which hasn't been posted in for well over a year?

Makes no sense. To characterise your Rig Talk experience the way you did based on that thread would only serve to display terrible judgement IMHO.

Here's a selection of posts from it to refresh your memory of how things panned out:

Dude, re-read Dan's post. You come on too strong among a group of really, really strong guys.
Strength as in gear knowledge and experience - books and/or gig miles.

I made the same mistake here thinking that it was just another forum filled casual players and gearheads.
Nope. I got schooled really fast.

Right now you're getting schooled too.
My advice? Take it, shut up, and eat your humble pie nice and quiet.

Then just choose your spots to chime in more wisely.
And if you don't immediately get on the defensive, you might actually learn some cool things here.

Sorry, it was an ass of thing to do. Me being mean. I like your playing. It's very good. Like VECs. I actually enjoy a lot of the bands you seem to enjoy. I have probably attended about ten death/alt metal festivals in my life. Seen about a hundred bands at each one. I have been lucky in that.

Happy New Year.

All good I am seeing so far. Someone called it right when they said how different people are in person than on the Internet.

Thanks. I hope the new year goes better for you all. I thought for 3 days mostly about how a lighter touch during these times is probably what is needed. It's not rig-talk's problem at all. It is just how things are everywhere I think. So I gotta look at myself as I am not outside of that problem either nor immune to being a dick to others, also for no good reason.

You have enough to deal with without me acting a knob on here.

Seems things are going in the direction of cool. Might make a good start for the New Year I hope.

I’m certainly willing to bury the hatchet with the Tone Dig

No hate, brother TD. Just some good ole belly laughs on a Monday.
For which, I’m thankful for.

May I just say:
If only everyone responded to 3 days in the sin bin this well, we'd never have to progress to the week-long and permanent bans. :confused:

Sorry dude, done here.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/thre...g-a-current-hot-topic-right-now.233885/page-4
That's just an insane mess of some very nasty people. There is no way I can have this in my book anymore.

Sorry. But fucking hell like. That was some savage two months of cyberstalking and personal attacks for a $10 book explaining guitar rig recording.

Why the fuck are these people? They are behaving like criminals for half of it.
First time in RigTalk OTC ?

:ROFLMAO:

Back