New Cameron 4x12 Specs?

Seitz333

Pretty sure these are going to be loaded with Celestion G12H 30's. Will they be front or rear loaded? Assuming straight and angled will be available. Will the straight cab be slightly angled, similar to the Bogner straight cabs?

Thanks,

Chuck

My cameron 4x12 is a strait cab, same size as a marshal b cab... but heavier duty and better quality birch ply and with a birch ply back with some acoustic treatment to the back panel , all soldered connections with good heavy duty wire inside. NO SPAYDE CONNECTORS, 1) 16 OHM OUTPUT JACK. Rear loaded cab with a center post , the front baffle is recessed slightly so the speakers are slightly set back from the girl.

i think it sounds great, nice bass response. i run mine with an x pattern which works for me cl80 / h30 anny combo... :rock:

The new cabs are built by the same guys who build the Bogner Cabs and the previous Cameron Cabs you guys love so no worries there. If you like the sound quality and fit and finish of the first generation Cameron 4x12s or Bogner and Suhr cabs you will like these. Loaded with Celestion G12H 30's which are Marks preference for his heads. I have asked Rob to post up here with specs as he is the one who commissioned the cab build after speaking with Mark.

the cabs will be to the exact spec that mark originally designed. i was lucky enough the original builder still has the specs. the cabs will be loaded with g12 30. im really curious how the mix of lead 80s sound.

Tone Merchant":22qd2yz8 said:
the cabs will be to the exact spec that mark originally designed. i was lucky enough the original builder still has the specs. the cabs will be loaded with g12 30. im really curious how the mix of lead 80s sound.

Can they be ordered with a CL 80 and G1230 X pattern?

Damn, those h30's are bright in Bogner cabs though. Is that the only speaker you'll be able to order the cab with?

Tone Merchant":3jf69s1n said:

I think this is way to go... Lends a balance, and really brings the bottom end & PUNCH out of the amp.

I own Marks Personal cab that has 4 CL80's in it... And it suits me perfectly...

I like a more Dark Sound with a lot of bottom end punch and heft... It just moves a TON OF AIR :thumbsup:

Roid

DEWD":1iejhl6k said:
Damn, those h30's are bright in Bogner cabs though. Is that the only speaker you'll be able to order the cab with?

We have Marks cab loaded with the h30s and it sounds amazing, same as in the video. no worries.

King Guitar":58rdtp5z said:
DEWD":58rdtp5z said:

We have Marks cab loaded with the h30s and it sounds amazing, same as in the video. no worries.

was it a front loaded bogner cab maybe? that i can see.... the cameron cab is def a little darker sounding and the front baffle is slightly recessed it makes up for it... it sounds killer with h30's ... i prefer the mix, to me its a little more modern...

DEWD":3kv0agm7 said:
I have H-30's in my Bogner cab, an I don't find them to be bright at all.

How does the H30 speaker compare to my V30's and T75's? I'm just trying to get an idea of there tone.

King Guitar":1rm87dko said:
DEWD":1rm87dko said:

Cool, so do you think the Cameron spec cab helps with the highs? They just seemed kind of piercing to me in a Bogner cab compared to my other cabs with V30's and Heritage GB's. Mine were newer H30's but I tried to put a lot of volume and time on them and it didn't seem to help much.

DEWD":2qdgv27u said:
King Guitar":2qdgv27u said:
DEWD":2qdgv27u said:

Cool, so do you think the Cameron spec cab helps with the highs? They just seemed kind of piercing to me in a Bogner cab compared to my other cabs with V30's and Heritage GB's. Mine were newer H30's but I tried to put a lot of volume and time on them and it didn't seem to help much.

70th Annies?
Those take many hours of loud volume to sweeten up.

Jay Strange":1q0v3p8w said:
DEWD":1q0v3p8w said:
King Guitar":1q0v3p8w said:
DEWD":1q0v3p8w said:

70th Annies?
Those take many hours of loud volume to sweeten up.

Definite +1 on that. They take a long time to break in...mine are getting there, but not quite yet. :D

Pickup":cf2dhsk1 said:
70th aniv. 30 watters suck balls period. Worst speaker celestion has ever made. IMO

I'm not crazy about them either... Very Bright.

I think the CCV is best with 2 of these for that top end cut, and 2 CL80's to fill out the bottom end in an X-Pattern.

Best All around balance...

Roid

Tone Merchant":1xd4p9z1 said:
im picking up the first two cabs today. Tomorrow we will test out some speakers. :rock:

Rob...I figured you are letting Jim have a go with testing speakers. One combination I have settled on, in a Naked cab is H55 / H75LHDC combo in an X-pattern. The 55's are like the original 55 Hz Greenbacks or Blackbacks and really cary the bottom end well, especially for drop and heavy drop tunings. The H75's carry the top end well and help to cap some of the sizzle (not to say the new amp will sizzle). It is a very loud, loose, but punchy combination and well balanced and not near as tight as the other popular combinations. Much more interesting than 4 of anything for the CCV or similar amp. Also works well with David's Naked amp.

My 2 cents FWIW, which is about 2 cents :D

Steve

Back