New Duncan Brandon Ellis sig Parallel Axis humbucker

One of my favorite pickups is the Duncan Hybrid which has one 42 gauge coil and one 43 gauge coil. I wonder what the gauges are in the Dyad? 43 and 44 would be my guess.

I just recently started getting feeds of this guy on Facebook, not really knowing much about him. I know he toured with Exodus a bit. I know about Black Dalia, but never really listened to them.. But I gotta say, he's one SICK guitar player. Way underrated and way under the radar. He's the real deal.

Ellis is one of my current favorites..love that aggressive attack and those wailing bends and vibrato.
I used to have..and have again..the OG Parallel Axis in my Solar..ended up with the Blues Saraceno bridge in the neck and love it.

A buddy of mine (pro guitar player), told me he approached Brandon one time to shake his hand and meet him and he said Brandon folded his arms in arrogance, turned his nose up to the air and went "hmm"! As if to think his poo doesn't stink and he's better than everyone else. After I heard that story, fuck that guy. Yeah he's a great player but I'm no longer interested in what he does.

He did one of these...
Screenshot_20240109_205525_Gallery.jpg

I’m also interested in this pickup. Brandon is an amazing player. A few years ago I subscribed to his Patreon. Lots of great lessons and how he does his own guitar setups. He does his own fret leveling and seems to know his shit about Jackson guitars. He always seemed like a cool guy and never came across ignorant.

I Haven’t met him but an acquaintance told me they played some shows and he is a very cool person. He has personally answered my questions when I comment on his instagram posts. Regardless, he’s one of the top shredders of his generation.

I actually wasn’t familiar with him but I bought his signature Jackson because the spec was so great. Its really an amazing playing and looking guitar. After getting the guitar I checked him out and have become a big fan.

A buddy of mine (pro guitar player), told me he approached Brandon one time to shake his hand and meet him and he said Brandon folded his arms in arrogance, turned his nose up to the air and went "hmm"! As if to think his poo doesn't stink and he's better than everyone else. After I heard that story, fuck that guy. Yeah he's a great player but I'm no longer interested in what he does.

He did one of these...

Ellis lives local to me. I met him a handful of times, always seemed like a very shy guy. I worked in a retail store and sold him an old Peavey Butcher cab. I helped carry it to his car, he shook my hand, then proceeded to look straight into my eyes and stare into my soul. I don't think I can possibly write how odd it felt. My wife doesn't even look into my eyes that intensely. That little moment has stuck with me, it would have stuck with me if he was a stranger. I had fleeting thoughts of running away with him and starting a new life. We'd own a dog and call him Butch. We'd gentrify a small southern town. As quickly as those thoughts came, he hopped in his car and took off. I headed to the bathroom to wipe my ass because it was moist.

Anyway, he's a very friendly guy. I've met a lot of pro guys and 9/10 they are nice if you just talk to them like a human being and not freak out.

Ellis lives local to me. I met him a handful of times, always seemed like a very shy guy. I worked in a retail store and sold him an old Peavey Butcher cab. I helped carry it to his car, he shook my hand, then proceeded to look straight into my eyes and stare into my soul. I don't think I can possibly write how odd it felt. My wife doesn't even look into my eyes that intensely. That little moment has stuck with me, it would have stuck with me if he was a stranger. I had fleeting thoughts of running away with him and starting a new life. We'd own a dog and call him Butch. We'd gentrify a small southern town. As quickly as those thoughts came, he hopped in his car and took off. I headed to the bathroom to wipe my ass because it was moist.

Anyway, he's a very friendly guy. I've met a lot of pro guys and 9/10 they are nice if you just talk to them like a human being and not freak out.
I can't explain that. Maybe when my friend tried to meet him, he knew he was also a nasty guitarist, and felt threatened? Who knows

People are strange

He did one of these...
View attachment 278690
Whoa, I don't know who your friend is, but I can tell you for certain I have never done that to a single person in my life, least not on purpose. I did end up on the receiving end of exactly that situation though on my first tour ever by a hero of mine and I am still bitter about that guy.

Whoa, I don't know who your friend is, but I can tell you for certain I have never done that to a single person in my life, least not on purpose. I did end up on the receiving end of exactly that situation though on my first tour ever by a hero of mine and I am still bitter about that guy.
Nice chops Brandon, BDM is my favorite metal band.

That's how he got so good. He stares into every guitar player's soul that he meets and assimilates only the good aspects of their playing, Borg style.

Shit happens. I'm not sure if I'll take your word for it but It's all heresy anyway.

Brandon, you are an excellent musician. I enjoy listening to your playing.

Brandon, thanks for chiming in on the site. I hope people don't run you away! It's definitely a site full of metalhead and metal/rock gear enthusiasts. And your Jacksons and 80s guitars are awesome!

Back