New Mötley Crüe - Dogs of War

God damn, that sucks diiiiiiick man.

John 5 is over here making me feel great about my lead playing skills for sure.

Like honestly, I think my solos are better than John 5's solo in that song lol

I will say, as a 10 yr old kid my life changed when i heard the shout at the devil album and all these years later i still listen to it alot.
That is exactly why I don't like this song. It is the opposite of hungry Crue. Whenever they have changed members, at least there was a good change. This seems backwards. I don't mind the verse as much as the chorus and video.

In all fairness, I expected worse and don't think as was as bad as all the haters make it out to be. I thought the video itself was great and kept me watching 'til the end. Musically, while not their best, and pretty far removed from their old stuff, but that was 40 years ago, was not terrible.especially by today's standard. I have listened to some of the crap posted on here that is far far worse.

It is not a song I would listen to in my truck heading to my sanctuary but I didn't hate it like a lot of you. It was just kind of there. I like John 5 in general and the solo was OK, just not real fitting for the Crue. I didn't care for the chorus and I doubt Vince can actually sing this song all the way through but it seemed like something a modern Motley would do. Like or hate the modern versions of Crue but they at least tried to keep it fresh :dunno:

I did like how they seemed to make fun of themselves and the whole parody. :yes:

1000010537.png

In motleys defense, at least they're so fucking lazy we won't have to hear an entire album of this talentless hack bullshit

That verse riff is just fucking awful. The song just doesn’t flow.

I much preferred Mick’s newest material :rock:

This is a pretty solid modern tune! Mick has those greasy riffs that groove and his tone? Awesome as always. Love his tone, he has a great ear. Would be interesting to know what he used to record this album.

Back