New Member----Blackmore

jonny dubai

Hey there tone people. Jonny from the UK here and 1st post. I am an avid Engl user and was just wondering if there are any other Blackmore users here.

Q- do you have your contour mode on or off?

Just had my blackmore re valved and bised and it sounds like Nuno on the Punchline album......Awesome.

Cheers,

J :rock:

I use one now and again, haven't actually used the contour mode at all. Mine was purchased second hand and is modded, a pot just behind the front grill that can be adjusted to make it more responsive for humbuckers or single coil users.

What tubes did you revalve it with and what was your preferred bias aetting for them? I have jj's and a TAD 7025 in V1, and it still has Engl power tubes.

I like to set mine up with the gain around 1pm, bass at 11pm, treble about 9pm and mid almost all the way

Cheers for the reply. That sounds like a crazy mod you have on your Blackmore. I revalved with matched Harma 5881 in the power section and electro harmonix in the pre amp section. It is bised to 30ma.

Got the gain (high) at 12 o'clock , bass at 2 o'clock, mid at 4 o'clock and treble I can't renember but is less than 12. The contour punched in makes it nice and thick with my pick ups.

Cheers.

The amp was purchased from a shop called iimusic here in scotland. Was one of the owners amps but never really asked who modded it. I was far too busy enjoying playing it :)

The only downside in my opinion is the channels sharing the same EQ, just like the early 5150's
Other than that, it rocks! Haven't teied harma valves, I remember the guy from the band thunder used them in his marshalls and loved them. He had cracking tone

Scotland. Cool mate. I'm in Glasgow playing round the pups and clubs. Where are you? I can recimnend watford valves if you need to revalve. Great service.

J

A bit further north, up in Aberdeen. Not many gear lovers up my way!

Yeah watford gives a great service. Good advice usually and good pricing

Back