New PreAmp Day... ahh the 80's

atrox

I traded a wah i wasn't using and an old small pedal train board i haven't used in like 5 years for this. I think i won.

I used to have an ADA MP2 in the late 90's and it was cool (lots of stuff packed in that box), but always preferred the original MP-1 (not the classic. those suck balls). It's simple and just has THAT tone.

Gotta open it up and clean the pots and perhaps change the battery soon, but this rig sounds ridiculous.

64745333-10214852168072854-3107764483422945280-o.jpg

atrox":iz3i7j74 said:
I traded a wah i wasn't using and an old small pedal train board i haven't used in like 5 years for this. I think i won.

I used to have an ADA MP2 in the late 90's and it was cool (lots of stuff packed in that box), but always preferred the original MP-1 (not the classic. those suck balls). It's simple and just has THAT tone.

Gotta open it up and clean the pots and perhaps change the battery soon, but this rig sounds ridiculous.

64745333-10214852168072854-3107764483422945280-o.jpg
:rock:
Yeah I'd say you won! I had that exact same rig, with a Digitech GSP 21 added in a mini rack 28 yrs ago. I had the smaller Mosvalve amp, not the big dog that Cantrell used. But it was a damn nice sounding rig. And spendy back then! I was always trying for a Ty Tabor tone, not knowing what he was really using. Lol.

My 'best' trade was a stock newer SD1 for an unloaded 1968 Sound City 4x12 cab..grill intact but needs some tolex TLC.

Sweet! I have always wanted to end up with one of those.

Slightly OT, but how is the quilter treating you?

swamptrashstompboxes":1hy0l3x0 said:

The Quilter is great, though i only mostly use it as a power amp for my backup Helix rig. It's plenty loud and it's cleans are amazing.

Nice! Sometime around 2002 when I was gigging with a band in Hawaii, I had a Mosvalve MV-962 and a Tech-21 PSA-1 going into a Marshall 4x12 and was constantly getting compliments about my tone. People swore I had a Mesa stack, etc. and when they came to the stage and saw that, they couldn't believe it. I wish I would have got an ADA years ago.

atrox":3rof1g3b said:
swamptrashstompboxes":3rof1g3b said:

The Quilter is great, though i only mostly use it as a power amp for my backup Helix rig. It's plenty loud and it's cleans are amazing.

I have tried a few of the quilter amps and they are impressive, perfect for exactly what you are doing. A good hail mary in case shit hits the fan. They were super hyped and now I don't hear as much about them as I did for a while.

Back