NGD - Gibson Les Paul Lemon Burst Light aged

Anxiety Serum

So been wanting to try an aged Gibson ever since I got my aged Tele. Wanted a lemon, dirty lemon, or green lemon burst, but wasn't sure about neck or what level of aging. Stars aligned and just an hour away a guy was selling a late 2021 1958 Lemon Burst. Drove over today and pulled the trigger. Saved him from fees or shipping, save me taxes and new guitar pricing. Don't you love it when a local deal has just what you want.

Initial thoughts.

1. Aging is nice. I wouldn't step down to Ultra light and doubt I'd step up to heavy (don't want chunks of paint gone). On pare or better than my Journeyman Fender.
2. 58 neck is nice. No regrets.
3. Pickups. I know people rave about Custom buckers. But another Dimarzio Super Distortion and Super 3 may be going in the bridge and neck respectively. (update: On second thought they have a nice tone. Just need to EQ the amp a bit different as they are not as warm or aggressive as the Dimarzios).
4. The one thing I thought I was sure about, the color, is the one thing I am now not sure about. Think I would have preferred more brown (like in dirty lemon).
5. I like my Custom's jumbo 6100 frets better than these Gibson Historic Narrow/Tall ones, but nothing I'd change until needed.
20230227_001848.jpg
20230225_215523.jpg
20230224_164223.jpg
20230224_163938.jpg
20230224_163914.jpg

Last edited:
Someone said my photos weren't showing up. They were on my computer and phone but did not show up my work computer. So reposted the pics by attaching.

Before I just dragged from Google photos. Maybe that doesn't work when not using chrome browser?

I open every lemonburst thread I see, but that custom you got there...my goodness that's a beautiful top. What do they call that, root beer?
Thanks.

That is called Atrim Basalt Burst. It is the Vivian Campbell model. There were 50 signed ones made and supposedly 250 unsigned. Mine is unsigned #93 and I think it may have been the last one produced. I'm told it probably just didn't sell well, so they didn't make all 250. I found a guy with #89 and there was a 1.25 year lagged between production dates for just those 4 serial numbers. Haven't seen a new one for sales since I bought mine in 8/2021. It was a 2018 model, but mine was built in 1/2021 and has since been discontinued for any new orders.

Vivian was a stud, but a bit before my time (Def Leopard and Dio). My guitar hero's are all 1990s/2000s guys. To me it just looked like an awesome transparent Silverburst.

Vivian Les Paul.jpg
Vivian Les Paul 3.jpg
Vivian Les Paul 4.jpg

Back