NGD!! (Mayones)

Terex

After driving almost four hours yesterday evening I got home with one of my absolute dream guitars! A couple of years back I visited a guitarshop that stocked Mayones guitars. Once I saw and played those I knew I had to own one at some point. That point was yesterday evening!

It's a Mayones Regius 7 Pepper from the Master Builder series in 2012. Funny thing, when Mayones took the promo shots for the Masterbuilder series they took pictures of my exact guitar!

It's got a eye poplar top, swamp ash body, 11-piece wenge/mahogany/maple/padouk neck with ebony fretboard and Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups. Well, it sounds absolutely fantastic! The craftmanship is next level. The Aftermaths sound more refined than I expected. They are very well balanced, good mids and aren't harsh at all. They are high output, but very useable high output, very controlled.

Absolute beast of a guitar! Here are some pictures, next to my other guitars.

IMG_3953_zpsxhtwwwxy.jpg

IMG_9632_zpsmjmlzvzq.jpg

IMG_7160_zps7nb1vyyc.jpg

477108_407658362587868_1261545351_o_zps4ans69bd.jpg

462391_407659369254434_1261176673_o_zpszo9kxpqd.jpg

IMG_4980_zpsukhfyjo2.jpg

477272_407657279254643_1139983238_o_zpslzlz6md7.jpg

Cheers!

I had a Regius 6 a while back. The build quality is amazing on these guitars. I'd be interested in playing another with different woods as mine sounded pretty bright. It was seriously heavy too.

JimmyBlind":1phss6uq said:
I had a Regius 6 a while back. The build quality is amazing on these guitars. I'd be interested in playing another with different woods as mine sounded pretty bright. It was seriously heavy too.

From what woods was it build? Mine sounds a little brighter than my ESP Eclipse, but not much, I like it.

Very nice!! Congrats!!

Those guys seem to make some pretty nice guitars. I've also always been interested in the RAN stuff too.

Terex":27mwowrl said:
JimmyBlind":27mwowrl said:

From what woods was it build? Mine sounds a little brighter than my ESP Eclipse, but not much, I like it.

Im willing to bet that wenge and mahogany neck beam is where most of your fullness of that guitar is coming from when comparing that mahogany loaded eclipse. Love wenge and rosewood necks! Nice mayones BTW too!!

bhuard75":16demtqu said:
Terex":16demtqu said:
JimmyBlind":16demtqu said:

Im willing to bet that wenge and mahogany neck beam is where most of your fullness of that guitar is coming from when comparing that mahogany loaded eclipse. Love wenge and rosewood necks! Nice mayones BTW too!!

Makes sense! I'm loving this neck as well, feels so smooth and stable. Thanks man!

Badass! Love these guitars. I’d love to have one at some point, too. Also really like the Duvell series. HNGD!! :rock:

Thanks guys! Today was awesome, played a ton of guitar between studying at home. The think I love the most is the feel of the neck. It is so smooth and the shape is spot on, the fretwork is great.

Only thing is one of the Sperzel tuners is kind of stuck. The wheel at the back won't turn properly. When changing the string it is a real struggle to open and close the tuner, maybe the screw is cross threaded or something. Does anyone know where I can order one single Sperzel tuner?

Congrats! I just pulled the trigger on a custom lefty Regius 6, it has hipshot griplock locking tuners though.
Look on eBay, most of the dealers may be able to send you 1 Sperzel.

LunatiBSW":22nc4h23 said:
Congrats! I just pulled the trigger on a custom lefty Regius 6, it has hipshot griplock locking tuners though.
Look on eBay, most of the dealers may be able to send you 1 Sperzel.

Thanks, looking into it right now :)

And awesome dude, looking forward to seeing a NGD thread coming soon from you then :D

I got a Regius Pro 6 about a week ago and love it. Sounds and plays fantastic. Great guitars. congrats man!

I also have a Mayones Regius and it's an awesome guitar! It smokes any Suhr or Charvel I've tried (it's always been weird to me that those are the 2 most popular guitar brands on here when there are so many better makers at least imo)

It smokes any Suhr or Charvel I've tried (it's always been weird to me that those are the 2 most popular guitar brands on here when there are so many better makers at least imo)

Different strokes I guess. I've owned a couple of Suhrs now and I find them to be really expressive guitars. The general fit & finish on my Mayones was second to none, but it was quite a departure from your traditional electric guitar. Mayones are trying something a bit different, whereas Suhr are more about taking classic designs, improving on some of the design flaws & giving them the custom shop treatment.

JimmyBlind":17u48hf0 said:
It smokes any Suhr or Charvel I've tried (it's always been weird to me that those are the 2 most popular guitar brands on here when there are so many better makers at least imo)

Different strokes I guess. I've owned a couple of Suhrs now and I find them to be really expressive guitars. The general fit & finish on my Mayones was second to none, but it was quite a departure from your traditional electric guitar. Mayones are trying something a bit different, whereas Suhr are more about taking classic designs, improving on some of the design flaws & giving them the custom shop treatment.

In what way did you find Mayones to be a departure from a traditional guitar?

Multi-ply neck-through mainly I guess.

But also, Mayones guitars are aimed at contemporary styles of music & are better suited to those styles I think.

Back