NGD - Musikraft content

mysticaxe

Well, I finally made the dive and picked up some parts from Musikraft to do my first build. Specs - Alder body, sick birdseye maple neck, OFR, Duncan Custom.

Bought the raw body, sanded the piss out of it (picture 1). Stained it with a concentrated honey dye, didn't like the results, so I sanded it back most of the way (which helped darken the grains). Restained it (picture 2). Put a bunch of Tru-oil on it (picture 3, a little blurry). Put the whole thing together last night (picture 4). Did a setup/intonation (frets were just fine - doesn't need any work). The action is lower than low, plays incredible.

Played through my POD last night and it sounds great. Can't wait until tomorrow night to take it to rehersal.

Attachments

• sm 02 pre 2.jpg
    sm 02 pre 2.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 715
  • sm 09 oiled.jpg
    sm 09 oiled.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 714
  • am 17 finished.jpg
    am 17 finished.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 767
  • sm 07 stained wo flash.jpg
    sm 07 stained wo flash.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 706
Very cool!

Congrats!

How would painting one of these sound still? I dont see anyone painting them just keeping them Natural

Halford

The one I got has an assymetric profile, so I think it's different than a couple of the other guy's. I've never played a real San Dimas, so I couldn't compare anyway. I really like it so far, but have only played it for about 45 minutes - a couple rehersals will help me figure out whether it will really work out.

looks nice. I've been thinking about building a dave murray strat.

Did you do the nut yourself? That's about the only part of guitar building I can't handle.

MisterBulbous":nqaqallv said:
looks nice. I've been thinking about building a dave murray strat.

Did you do the nut yourself? That's about the only part of guitar building I can't handle.

They cut the shelf for the Floyd, and I just drilled/screwed in the nut. It was the part I was the most nervous about doing.

Sounded killer at rehersal last night - she's a keeper! May get preferrential stage time for a while...

Back