NGD PRS SE Custom 24

Michi

Got me a serious case of GAS after spending some time with the PRS SE Custom 24 in the local store... and found this one dirt cheap in the eBay classifeds in Germany.

Plays really good, sounds great as well! I was really surprised how angry the bridge pickups sounds, wouldn't necessary even have to change it... the neck pickup is kinda weak and well, vintage in comparison.

I do have a zebra DA set waiting to be put in :D

Good times :)

Attachments

• 1PRS.jpg
    1PRS.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 1,157
Nice score ! I have the SE 245 in Gold metallic and like it. I agree that the PU's actually sound pretty good.

Back in 2000 I had a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 top that I ended up selling and regret it ever since. But these SE models are decent and well built for the price.

I have the SE Custom 24 Floyd. Plays like a dream(best playing guitar I've ever had) and the Floyd stays in tune forever. Payed $680 brand new from AMS. Can't believe the quality and workmanship for the price! For me, the pups while passable, are the only weak link. Getting ready to order new pups soon.

Michi":36il1qyc said:
Got me a serious case of GAS after spending some time with the PRS SE Custom 24 in the local store... and found this one dirt cheap in the eBay classifeds in Germany.

Plays really good, sounds great as well! I was really surprised how angry the bridge pickups sounds, wouldn't necessary even have to change it... the neck pickup is kinda weak and well, vintage in comparison.

I do have a zebra DA set waiting to be put in :D

I've been reading up on the PRS SE Custom 24's and 22's lately and been thinking of picking up a used one because I'm in a classic rock/80's metal/modern rock band and looking for a versatile electric with coil tapping for gigging.

Steinmetzify":19ntge8b said:
Dig the top on that man, HNGD!

THX! Yeah I dig the tobacco burst too, a whole lot better live than on that crappy iPhone pic :LOL: :LOL:

The guitar is borderline mint... I mean not a single scratch on it. I'm putting the Aldrich set in next weekend too.

Charvel1975":1rbl5aue said:
I've been reading up on the PRS SE Custom 24's and 22's lately and been thinking of picking up a used one because I'm in a classic rock/80's metal/modern rock band and looking for a versatile electric with coil tapping for gigging.

I've not had too much time with the guitar to tell just how versatile it really is, but the stock pickups do split very well and the overall tonal palette is pretty darn versatile.

Back