NGD!!!!!

ashesofphoenix

So I finally decided to trade my PRS SE One that I had plus a couple boss pedals and ended up paying like nothing for my new Ibanez S520EX. I'm pretty excited. I always wanted a nicer Ibz, and for the style music I'm playing this thing will fit right in!!

Question.... what pickups should get tossed in this thing??? :rock:

Attachments

• IBZ0.jpg
    IBZ0.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 466
  • IBZ2.JPG
    IBZ2.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 467
  • IBZ3.JPG
    IBZ3.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 469
  • IBZ4.JPG
    IBZ4.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 466
  • IBZ1.jpg
    IBZ1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 464
Nice......the best tremolo Ibanez ever made.....I have the 7 string version of that.
I put in a custom custom in the bridge and a jazz in the neck and couldn't be happier.....

HNGD!

I'd try a Steve's Special (bridge) and an Air Norton (neck) in that git. It's a combo that's always worked in ibanez guitars for me.

I had an S520, great playing guitar and killer trem. The only issue I had was some replacement pickups were a bit thick and wouldn't adjust quite as far down as I like, due to the super thin body.

Thanks all!!! Im a happy camper. Im waiting on the trem arm from Ibz (GC lost it lol) and then I'm gonna decide what to do w/ the pick up situation. It sounds good by itself, but I know It will kill with something else in there... Im also getting a 27 fret ESP for my Bday next month so then i have to figure out what tunings I'm gonna set everything to. haha

Great guitar! Looks awesome man, the trem on that thing is fantastic, beats all my lic' trems (Jackson, LTD and Tokai) by a long way!

Body is a bit thin for me, but that's a taste thing. I recommend changing the pickups though. Still, awesome man!

Tawlks":2k3fo5i7 said:
Great guitar! Looks awesome man, the trem on that thing is fantastic, beats all my lic' trems (Jackson, LTD and Tokai) by a long way!

Body is a bit thin for me, but that's a taste thing. I recommend changing the pickups though. Still, awesome man!

Thanks Bro!!! Yeah thats the next step... trying to figure out what to put in it. I like the Dimarzio idea up top, but Im open to everything. My RG 7 string has the dimarzio set up and its a beast. But my buddy just put in the BKP in his prestige and it screams.

I play prog metal, or "djent" which is allegedly the name for that genre now lol. What recomendations do we have for that sound? Something really tight, crisp, and receptive to palm mutes and tapping?

Back