NOT MINE - Mesa 2 C+ on reverb.

I really like the JP-2C. It doesn’t sound or feel like my IIC+ DRGX but it’s a killer amp. More compressed and dare I say, in 60w mode sounds a lot more Marshall-ish! Mine was one of the newer ones with the updated transformers. I’m low key trying to buy another one.

Reactions: rsm
Tech……
Your posts are verging on Dino939 territory brah.
I cannot decipher the cryptic meaning.
Spell check got me when I was rushing . I got try to them all . It drove me nuts until I got to compare them . I liked 3++ best and it saved me money . My phone drives me nuts too lol

Spell check got me when I was rushing . I got try to them all . It drove me nuts until I got to compare them . I liked 3++ best and it saved me money . My phone drives me nuts too lol
I no longer have the urge to compare all these variations like many of you guys do. Enjoy it while you have the passion.

I had my 2C+ and it was fun, but certainly not life changing.

I’m sure all of these amps have differences that make them fun to experience.

I no longer have the urge to compare all these variations like many of you guys do. Enjoy it while you have the passion.

I had my 2C+ and it was fun, but certainly not life changing.

I’m sure all of these amps have differences that make them fun to experience.
That’s how I felt as well . And though I like mark 3++ green stripe best out of the marks I had it’s not my favorite amp or anything. Master of Puppets made these amps expensive af lol

That’s how I felt as well . And though I like mark 3++ green stripe best out of the marks I had it’s not my favorite amp or anything. Master of Puppets made these amps expensive af lol
Damn that Master Of Puppets!!

Actually, Master Of Puppets is probably my all time favorite record, it's a masterpiece and it has the perfect thrash tone.

I still wanna try a IIC+/++. I own a III red stripe and JP2C and I gotta say they are very different from each other. I also have the IK Multimedia IIC+ and Neural DSP IIC+ plug-ins and it’s not far off from my III at all when played through same IR. Like 90 maybe even 95% there IMO. It’s just a feel difference.

A lot of people say IIC+ has a bigger low end too but again, playing through IRs and computer monitors can’t determine that, which is why I want to compare to the real deal amp.

I still wanna try a IIC+/++. I own a III red stripe and JP2C and I gotta say they are very different from each other. I also have the IK Multimedia IIC+ and Neural DSP IIC+ plug-ins and it’s not far off from my III at all when played through same IR. Like 90 maybe even 95% there IMO. It’s just a feel difference.

A lot of people say IIC+ has a bigger low end too but again, playing through IRs and computer monitors can’t determine that, which is why I want to compare to the real deal amp.
I would just get the ++ mod on yours and it will rule man . Everyone has a different but the 3s hit the spot for me

I would just get the ++ mod on yours and it will rule man . Everyone has a different but the 3s hit the spot for me
Yeah I’ve been thinking about it before Mike B is gone. Thing is It already sounds so viscous as it is and cops Sykes, Metallica, and Dream Theater super close enough to where I don’t need to spend an extra 5-10k on a IIC+ for street guitar nerd or online internet cred.

A 3+ Red Stripe will get you close enough. I own IIC+/++'s in S,D,& H configurations and a 3+ Red Stripe HRG.

The difference is in the low mids. The IIC+/++'s seem to breath a little easier (aka IIC+ bounce).

The stock III's are a little more stiff and have hairy top ends. The 3+ mod smoothes out the highs.

The 3++ mod takes it a step further and adds even more gain and compression. If you can find a IIC+ for a steal of a deal, go for it.

If not, stick with the III Red Stripe. Modded or not they're awesome amps and you're not missing out on a whole hell of a lot.

They are great amps, no doubt, but they gave me severe ear fatigue if I played them too long.
It’s not only you. I have played my Bogner boosted through two 4x12s for hours on end and no ear fatigue. I played my coliseum unboosted for an hour through a 1x10 at just above TV volume level and my ears were ringing. None of my rig is hooked up yet from the move (need electrician work in the basement) but I plan to grab my hearing protection when I cycle through everything. When I do i also believe I’ll be deciding to list or sell anything that doesn’t warrant keeping around.

i've had em all several times over in the 2000's. every stripe 3, every variation IIb (coli's, loop modded, loop modded colis), every config c+ (never had an export tranny tho...not gunna loose sleep)c++'s, every color stripe III, 3 coli III's, half a dozen of each variation of the mark IV including the transition. always came back to a IVa, which i still own.

Back