Not much chatter about Friedman's new IR-X, or dude demoing it.. Good lord..

Pretty slick gadget, and the dude demoing it lights it up.

Seems like a multi use box, and yes good player....great demo track. I was thinking it would be a great way to add some channels to your Friedman and being a good backup solution in a pinch. I'm interested but not, because I keep telling myself I'm DONE lol. But yeah, good playing...cool product.

I'm really interested in this thing. I imagine/hope Friedman make's different versions down the road.
JEL IR-X, JJ IR-X, Butterslax IR-X etc, etc......

I like the concept. I think it's got a particular user in mind and fits the need. Dave didn't seem too enthused on the dumb questions he got about it. For me I think I would just go analog or digital not this in between concept

Sounds really good. I was thinking "this would make a good backup in case my amp goes down at a gig" except I bought my last Twin for $500 which is the price of the pedal, lol.

It just has this chewy thing that isn’t for me and I can’t tell if it’s the pedal or the method of recording the pedal that’s causing it.

Seems like a cool concept but honestly I’d go FM3 turbo if I wanted true backup :dunno:

I had one, got it on the basis that it had channel switching and I could just stick it on my existing board and continue to use my presets using midi to switch it like I do my amp. Loved it!! I wasn’t a fan of the stock ir’s, they were all a bit too scooped for me but once I found an IR that suited I was very happy with it, has a nice feel that i haven’t found in other direct solutions. Unfortunately the fx loop has developed a fault and has gone really quiet so I’ve had to send it back and no where in the uk has any left in stock until January!!

I bought one. I love it. It sounds exactly like my BE 100. since I own a few Friedmans, It’s definitely redundant though it is convenient to just flip between a couple different cabinets that I didn’t have before and record direct.

someday I’ll be home long enough from travel to post something

sounds like every other friedman to me which i guess is the point of this thing, i just dont find that polished and smooth friedman thing that exciting :dunno:

The coolest part is loading your own IRs

I'm not a huge fan of the Friedman sound, but this seems like a solid product 🤷

Especially if the tubes are actually running at voltage

Back