NPD - Griffin Analog Super Drive

GuitarGuy08

Hello all,

I recently entered into a giveaway ran by Griffin Analog and won a Super Drive pedal!!

My main amp is out of commission for the time being, but I couldn't hold off on a review any longer. All testing was done through my little 4w Vox tube amp.

First off, before even plugging the pedal in - I absolutely love the look. The build quality is immediately noticable, as even the pots for the knobs feel high quality when you turn them. The casing looks like this could be ran over with a car and still function. The LED, as silly as it may be, is also the perfect color and brightness IMO.

The sounds/tones this has in it are surprising and it seems to stack well with any other pedal I run it with, whether in the front end or back. I did not expect this at all. I mean, have you ever had on a fuzz pedal and thought, "This needs more hair" - BOOM.

Really, stacking this with other pedals really is wonderful. Even pedals you think this wouldn't work together well with, try anyway!

This pedal is super quiet and does not affect my signal chain at all. Most pedals, even true bypass, change the audio whether they are engaged or not. This pedal has crazy quiet circuitry, even when engaged with level and gain.
IMG_20240322_112949969.jpg

I like how the pedal remains fat, but clear. You can run it on a clean channel alone for these great smokey, bluesy, drive sounds or run it into your juiced amp to add another dimension. The top end clarity and sensitivity when running level high and gain low is a lot of fun.

I expected the pedal to 'mush out' when the gain was cranked, as I was WRONG.

I think I already understand why another member says they basically use nothing but Griffin Analog.

A more in depth review with come when I get my big rig back up and running.

Griffin Analog rules!!
IMG_20240322_112853957.jpg

Back