NPD. SLO. 3 vids now.

bubbastain

Got this last night. Didn't hook it up and play it until about an hour ago when I recorded this clip. I totally forgot about the Depth button on the side when I played/recorded it. Luckily the button was not engaged. Used my First Act guitar tuned to drop B and ran the pedals into the Low Gain input of the VTM60. All the dipswitches were off. Used a SM57 in front of a Sheffield 1290 speaker loaded in my Emperor 4x12. Mic goes into an iRig Pre HD and straight into my iPhone. Only the best will do.:LOL:

I played the pedal for only about 30 seconds before I started recording just to get the level of the pedal right.

Here's a comparison clip too

One more going into my AMT F1 clean preamp and Mosvlalve power amp

Last edited:
Cool sound! Does that pedal have like separate outputs to be run in front of the amp or into the FX loop? Or is it an in front of the amp only sort of deal?

Cool sound! Does that pedal have like separate outputs to be run in front of the amp or into the FX loop? Or is it an in front of the amp only sort of deal?
Just one output. It is a distortion pedal. Can it be run LIKE a preamp? Yeah. I'm 99.9% sure it was designed to be run in front of an amp.

So glad you did the BE comp since many people have tried that. It sounds really good compared to it. Does it sound "bigger" and less pedal-like in the room? That's what it sounds like thru my system. And I really like the BEOD Blue side especially so for it to compare so well is encouraging.

So glad you did the BE comp since many people have tried that. It sounds really good compared to it. Does it sound "bigger" and less pedal-like in the room? That's what it sounds like thru my system. And I really like the BEOD Blue side especially so for it to compare so well is encouraging.
I like them both a lot. In the room, and I think you can hear it in the video, the SLO sounds a little rounder/softer/thicker. I guess a little more tube amp like. I really like the blue channel on the BE-OD deluxe and it works/sounds great in front of my amp or in my SS pedal board rig, but I decided to let it go and keep the SLO. It does remind me of a mix of my old Myasnikov preamp and 6505+ head. I talked to the guy I sold my Myasnikov preamp to and pretty soon we'll get together and have a gear nerd day and compare the two.
You can also see in all my videos that I generally run the gain pretty low.

Back