Nuno using a Soldano SLO??!

Actually, I believe much of III Sides was a SLO...he got some pretty killer tones there...Peacemaker Die comes to mind.

Fucking Nuno... I n c r e d i b l e Rhythm, incredible soloing.. One of my favorite all-time players I could never be like. :doh:

That solo kills me everytime I hear it.

He used to pretend like he was bored, when he played it. He'd yawn, and look around and say 'this is so boring," all the while he's ripping this lead. Awesome.

reverymike":3ibbha5p said:

He used to pretend like he was bored, when he played it. He'd yawn, and look around and say 'this is so boring," all the while he's ripping this lead. Awesome.
LOL, hell yeah man...Nuno and Steve Vai are two players I've seen live, where I swear they weren't remotely even paying attention to what they were doing...everything was so effortless.

And of course, Nuno is singing his ass off at the same time!

Badronald":17arr6mv said:
Mailman1971":17arr6mv said:
I played one of his Signature heads......didnt like it one bit. :no:
It was really weak sounding. I guess I was expecting it to sound like the Opening to
"Kid Ego"! :rock:

Not even close.

Too bad. I bet the SlO100 in tandem with the Diezel comes close! :rock:

Diezel+SLO = what I owe on my car! :LOL: :LOL:

Bronco":17arr6mv said:
reverymike":17arr6mv said:

LOL, hell yeah man...Nuno and Steve Vai are two players I've seen live, where I swear they weren't remotely even paying attention to what they were doing...everything was so effortless.

And of course, Nuno is singing his ass off at the same time!

Two of my most influential, favorite players I grew up listening to. Both are just ridiculously good, however I enjoy Nuno's songwriting a lot more; more groove, more accessible.

t-rave":17arr6mv said:
I really liked the nuno sig combo amp.. hot rodded marshall gain with el84 power!

So is it kind of across between a Vox-ey type sound and hot-rodded Marshall? If so, I'm all over that. I just can't find one to try.

I just picked up Extreme's new live DVD, and Nuno's tone was killer!!! Nice low end but stayed in front of the band. His best tone IMO.

Necro-Bump, I know.. but I gotta say I can get closer to Nuno's tone with an SLO than I ever did with a RAT pedal in front of a JCM-800.

🤷‍♂️

Well here's mine, I think you need one, you really should try one, I think you can find one, I think you really want one, it's something you really want,..... wanting one yet?? GO BOY GO!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Soldano%20crp.jpg
Cool amp look

Necro-Bump, I know.. but I gotta say I can get closer to Nuno's tone with an SLO than I ever did with a RAT pedal in front of a JCM-800.

🤷‍♂️
I think Nuno uses a Rat pedal as a boost into a DSL100 now??

🤷‍♂️
I would say the SLO is a high gain Marshall with more clarity and punch which would equate to a loose Marshall with a Rat in front of it and L500XL to tighten things up so yes, I can see why you feel the SLO can get you good Nuno tones.

Maybe back off the gain on the SLO preamp to JCM 800 levels and run the Rat pedal and see what you get. :worship:

Maybe the best of all Nuno worlds?????????:rock::dunno: What have you got to lose?:yes:

I would say the SLO is a high gain Marshall with more clarity and punch which would equate to a loose Marshall with a Rat in front of it and L500XL to tighten things up so yes, I can see why you feel the SLO can get you good Nuno tones.

Maybe back off the gain on the SLO preamp to JCM 800 levels and run the Rat pedal and see what you get. :worship:

Maybe the best of all Nuno worlds?????????:rock::dunno: What have you got to lose?:yes:
I think the SLO-100 sounds completley different than a jcm800. It doesn't have the high mids of a Marshall, it has it's mids shifted lower. Lotta low mids in a SLO. The gain structure is different as well.

I think the SLO-100 sounds completley different than a jcm800. It doesn't have the high mids of a Marshall, it has it's mids shifted lower. Lotta low mids in a SLO. The gain structure is different as well.
Probably the 6L6's vs EL34's.

It's like a JCM-800 with a RAT pedal in front, only a much tighter, more cohesive tone overall.

More tonal variation on tap, as well.

I just hear a lot more "Nuno" through the SLO. 🤷‍♂️

It's like a JCM-800 with a RAT pedal in front, only a much tighter, more cohesive tone overall.

More tonal variation on tap, as well.

I just hear a lot more "Nuno" through the SLO. 🤷‍♂️
But if you ran the Rat pedal in front of those lower mids and 6L6's, well.......................................then it would be

LUDICROUS NUNO..................................................................:yes:

Back