NVGD - ‘63 SG Special

SpiderWars

Sniped from Reverb, met up in Florida as I travel for work. Just got home. It needs a new bridge for an unwound G and a good cleaning but it plays really good all the way up even tho the frets are kind of low. Pretty good cond. Sustains forever, hardly any neck dive. I can set it on my knee tilted back a little and it stays. 6lbs 12oz.

I’ll post a pic after the spa treatment.
IMG-1914.jpg

Post spa treatment (Virtuoso clean and polish...good stuff!) and with Music City bridge.
IMG-1953.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the guitar, Matt!!! That looks killer, and I bet it play and sounds amazing!
Thanks Tiago! It is killer! So comfy to play and this thing seems to have frequencies my other guitars don't. Hard to describe but you probably know what I mean.

Sniped from Reverb, met up in Florida as I travel for work. Just got home. It needs a new bridge for an unwound G and a good cleaning but it plays really good all the way up even tho the frets are kind of low. Pretty good cond. Sustains forever, hardly any neck dive. I can set it on my knee tilted back a little and it stays. 6lbs 12oz.

I’ll post a pic after the spa treatment.
IMG-1914.jpg
Great story here from my youth.

My buddy had this same guitar in white, think Jake E Lee. Soooooo, he decides he wants to paint it silver. No finish removal, just some elbow applied sand paper to basically rough the finish up to get the paint to stick.

He's got his cans of silver spray paint, tape's off the board, binding, headstock and all parts removed and goes for it. Then proceeds to set it outside to dry underneath a tree. Oh it dry's of course (sorta) but it's bubbled in places where he didn't remove the finish and black ants had fallen from the tree onto various points of the body lol.

Obviously it's a disaster lol not to mention the guitar stunk. It sits for a few years he sells it for even less pennies and a local luthier strips it, repaints it professionally and she ended up a beauty again. Of course this was the same guy who routed a Gibson Melody Maker single coil position with a screwdriver and dropped in a humbucker as well lol.

Fun times.

After a good cleaning the gunky fretboard it feels 100x better. Lowered the action to my normal 1.6-2.0mm spread. Mmmmm, Brazilian RW.

IMG-1917.jpg

Also put some thicker pieces of foam under the bridge pickup to raise it to maximum playable height. Then and only then do the two pickups balance with neck pickup screwed all the way down. Bridge pickup sounds way better too. You have to raise it far enough to see under the cover.

IMG-1918.jpg

Back