O.T.? guitar clarity/boss eq?

HMJ

what frequencies would i boost or pull on my boss eq to gain clarity with my jackson.I dont want to boost the front end but change the pickup tone alittle.

Eh, why don't you just try it? It's only got a few bands. Our pickups and guitars are all different, and we're all different, too. It's hard to know what you mean. If you think it's "muddy," my guess would be the sliders around 100-400 Hz, probably 200 Hz, the most. Just cut them all a tiny bit and see what happens.

that depends on many different things ... which amp, which pickup, etc. but usually midrange or upper midrange frequencies work best (when boosted) the 1 to 2.5 khz is what you'd want to try but be careful not to get a honky sound

well i just tried OneArmedScissor's idea and it cleared right up thanks again and i will try your boosted Q TOO :bang:

That can work, but it boosts the signal, which he said he didn't want. Tiny little cuts on the lower bands can be very effective, because it tends to just clear up the low end a little, without actually killing it or drawing attention away from it and messing with the tone in other ways.

If you haven't tried boosting it, though, you could very well like that, too. I used to cut the low bands and boost 800 Hz and 1.6 kHz at the same time, but it was mostly because I didn't really like my pickups. That tightened it up and made it seem to have a ton of attack, but unfortunately, at higher volumes, it became shrill and empty sounding. Now, I just cut 200 and 400 Hz a tiny bit sometimes, and most of the time, I don't do it at all.

well i cut 200 and boosted 800 just a hair and it seems to react just like i want....thank you!!

Back