Og peavey 5150 stock screen resistors?

Hey low everyone.hope my questions not outdated but I was curious to know if these are the stock screen resistors for the peavey 5150?I'm on my way to installing a choke.thanks

When I had a 5150, I changed out the screen resistors. I used 1k 5 watt... I know that the higher value makes the amp a tiny bit darker, but the 5150 has plenty of treble and presence. Of course this was after I blew one of the resistors... I had to drill out the rivets to get the board out of the amp.

Also, how are you doing the choke? Just replacing the resistor with a choke causes a loud pop when using the standby switch.

I also have 1k 5W ceramic fireproof screen resistors in my 5150 II. Tubes will thank you for the lower screen voltages.

Try placing a reverse biased 1N4007 diode in parallel with the choke to remove the pop. The standby switch isn’t rated for the flyback voltages going to Standby. It’s easier than moving the switch but ideally the switch should be electrically moved. Where it should be moved to is a sore topic for RT as we’ve discussed it before in length.

I also have 1k 5W ceramic fireproof screen resistors in my 5150 II. Tubes will thank you for the lower screen voltages.

Try placing a reverse biased 1N4007 diode in parallel with the choke to remove the pop. The standby switch isn’t rated for the flyback voltages going to Standby. It’s easier than moving the switch but ideally the switch should be electrically moved. Where it should be moved to is a sore topic for RT as we’ve discussed it before in length.
Right?!I'm still a bit stifled on that one.its been a while since I studied on it my notes are lost in my devices so I'll have to run through this again from what I understand one of these puppies should do the trick I freakin forgot what it's called

I'm open to any other awesome upgrades to the power sec while it's out I think I'm gonna try the Cameron mod again I tried the make it switchable and hot a bunch of interface from running the long wires got frustrated and swiped them out.this time I think I'll bench test before I put it back to gether

I've gathered all my parts finally to finish the choke mod.1k ceramic screen resistors,snubber nuts bolts.cameron mods.any other suggestions while this thing is gutted I could improve on while this things opened up?

I've gathered all my parts finally to finish the choke mod.1k ceramic screen resistors,snubber nuts bolts.cameron mods.any other suggestions while this thing is gutted I could improve on while this things opened up?
Variable negative feedback kills in these.

The low screen resistors are what makes it cook when cranked and why it has criminally low idle dissipation.

Easiest way is to replace the NFB resistor with a 100k pot (drill a hole in the back of the amp) . Of course I’d put at least a 27k resistor in series so the lowest negative feedback the amp would see would be 27k.

Well I got everything buttoned up and fired up the old 5150 choke modded with the bias and the Cameron mod.im not sure I'm that impressed.it seems much darker not as much gain but louder less noise.im a bit skeptical about the Cameron mods .i haven't tried boosting the front.with an eq in the loop.im not sure if I noticed before but there is a bit of tyranny hum dosnt seem to red plate.im running all Chinese 12ax7bs in the preamp and gt6l6b powertube.ive got 1 tugsol 12ax7a long,3 ruby 12ax7ac5,mesa str spax7a,3 jjecc83s,1 usa national 12dw7,and 1 fender special design 12at7.ive got some things to play with any suggestions on recipes?for metal up yo azz?

Back