Old Halen Clip > Cranked Marshall/Les Paul Studio Test

70strathead

Just did some recent improvements to my home studio in terms of isolated my Cab into small closet using some methods I got from Chubtone and Pete Thorn. For you VH purist out there, ease up on me cause know I the VH tone/playing thing can be spinning subject, I just have fun/noodle and wanted to use this tune as a test for recording especially with a Les Paul for the first time, which is still foreign to me!
I'm using a 74' Marshall JMP that had a Master Volume mod and just turned everything up full tilt. The Cab is Mojo 2X12 with greenback 25s, MXR original phaser and flanger and Echoplex in some areas.

https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=10015720

Amazing is right, i feel transported back in time like i just heard it for the first time, great job at capturing the original vibe. :thumbsup:

That sounded awesome! I loved the guitar tone. One of my favorite replicated tones. I may like it better than the original.

That was great! Tone was great, and I like the way you dig in and get the goods with your right hand.
I've been listening to the old VH bootlegs a lot recently, damn Ed was the man back then.

Sounds great! Which master volume is in your amp? Is it a pre-phase inverter or post? Lar/Mar? Rich mod? And for this clip was it turned up to full like everything else?

FourT6and2":j3v9b6lx said:
Sounds great! Which master volume is in your amp? Is it a pre-phase inverter or post? Lar/Mar? Rich mod? And for this clip was it turned up to full like everything else?
thanks!. I dont know exactly what kind of master mod, Dave Freidman did it more me. I know for sure its not the Post phase inverter one through. Every knob was at 10 except the master volume at 7.

Back