On gig.... CCV out

what happened ? was it on and it just died? or did it just not have sound from the start?

shoot me a pm maybe I can help ....

Got to the gig plugged it all in and nothing. Worked fine the previous night. I had to use a Crate Blackheart all night! :( I checked the B+ fuse and changed the power tubes at the gig. Still nothing. Is there another fuse I should check? 12ax7 tube maybe?

Ampaddict":1d1xfgin said:
Got to the gig plugged it all in and nothing. Worked fine the previous night. I had to use a Crate Blackheart all night! :( I checked the B+ fuse and changed the power tubes at the gig. Still nothing. Is there another fuse I should check? 12ax7 tube maybe?

Shoot Dave Friedman a PM and we will help you figure it out.

Ampaddict":3er6h7an said:

thats really strange, did it maybe take a shot moving it around ? maybe reseat all the preamp tubes and check them. Check the speaker jacks to, see if they are oxidized....

I'm back at home the next morning now checking out the amp...

Power tubes are lighting up but preamp tubes are not...

What preamp tubes are you using? Are they the same as from before you encountered the problem? Maybe I missed it but did you try replacing them like 'dawn' suggested?

Turned out that was the B+ fuse... looked like it was still good but it wasn't. Thanks guys especially Nick!

Ampaddict":vd5dmqqf said:
Turned out that was the B+ fuse... looked like it was still good but it wasn't. Thanks guys especially Nick!
Hard to tell with the lower amp fuses. I check them on my meter for continuity. Glad it was an easy fix.

Ampaddict":2k1590fj said:
Is the 4 amp 125 volt SLO BLO or fast acting? And is 250 volts okay?

i think that one may be fast acting but not 100% sure it's been a long time... not sure of the rating what was in there?

Back