One bad ass Cameron amp......

steve_k

OK, before the wrecking crew comes in to bust my balls, I will just say the amp will date back prior to all the present mess. Luckily, I was able to get hold of this without stepping on anyone's toes. Gary just sold one of his and wrote several paragraphs on the history of Standel amps and Mark Cameron, so I won't repeat all that. This thing is all transformers and a few knobs and packed with great tone. Certainly, it was Mark's inspiration for the CCV, because it has channel 2 of the CCV written all over it, except better. Bigger, more open, more gain - but still the same signature Mark Cameron response.....the louder it gets, the tighter and more articulate it gets. The EQ is so interactive on this amp that it is hard to believe.

I don't know how many happen to be in circulation, but it can't be too many. This was one of his early prototypes when working with Danny. I have had it here for a month or so, but just now got around to checking it out. And, it was an immediate boner. If you like the CCV and happen to come across one of these for sale, I would highly recommend you take the leap. 100 watts of one-trick kick ass, slap yo momma tone right here. Now, I got a little work to do on changing out this wheat grill with something more appropriate....

The Cameron - Standel -> Candel :D

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

You have some cool options on the back of yours. They were all a little different. I can't believe these amps just sat there like this for the past ten years. What a shame. Unreliable they are not. Hell they are mil spec. I think they are all bad ass. The one I sold was loaded with cool tricks. My second one is like yours. They rip. So freakin clear and articulate. Nice score. :rock: Mine is prototyp Monster number 3. Regardless it is # 3 Mark said it was the first CCV ever built. I think he did CCV mods but not a build like this. This was the only one with the horizontal inputs I think.

glip22":3vmlwn62 said:
You have some cool options on the back of yours. They were all a little different. I can't believe these amps just sat there like this for the past ten years. What a shame. Unreliable they are not. Hell they are mil spec. I think they are all bad ass. The one I sold was loaded with cool tricks. My second one is like yours. They rip. So freakin clear and articulate. Nice score. :rock: Mine is prototyp Monster number 3. Regardless it is # 3 Mark said it was the first CCV ever built. I think he did CCV mods but not a build like this. This was the only one with the horizontal inputs I think.

OK. Yeah, mine has power/standby on the back, along with the pent/triode and half power.

So, how many are out there do you think?

steve_k":2b41q4ri said:
glip22":2b41q4ri said:

OK. Yeah, mine has power/standby on the back, along with the pent/triode and half power.

I think eight. Three 100 watters, two fifties, a sixty watter el84, and two 30 watter el84's.

glip22":3tcffkmb said:
steve_k":3tcffkmb said:
glip22":3tcffkmb said:

I think eight. Three 100 watters, two fifties, a sixty watter 6v6, and two 30 watter 6v6's.

Wow...not only is it a killer amp, but too much rare..... :rock:

gonna shut up now and go play mine for a while and see about disturbing some peace :thumbsup:

BTW, Where was this thread when I out mine up for sale? Damn, The offers would have been flying. I think you owe me cash back allowance. :LOL: :LOL:

I think rigtalk member EXPcustom had one of these on ebay a few months back, is this the one Steve?

steve_k":3hktorb0 said:
rlord1974":3hktorb0 said:
Coming soon to a Classifieds posting near you.....

:D

oh shit....you are starting to sound like the other puffs on the big board :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ouch Steve. If by "big board" you mean the "high school confidential" forum, I am terribly offended. :LOL: :LOL:

Glad you like the amp Steve, I have too many 100 watters, I got one of these with EL84s for my own personal stash. :LOL: :LOL:

I was shocked by how good my EL84 Standel and this 100 watter sounded at low volumes.

EXPcustom":39mmn3wg said:
Glad you like the amp Steve, I have too many 100 watters, I got one of these with EL84s for my own personal stash. :LOL: :LOL:

I was shocked by how good my EL84 Standel and this 100 watter sounded at low volumes.

Hey Jason. Yeah, cool combinations on this thing too. The LG input sounds good on its own. But, in the LG input, pull the master and dime it then ride the gain up. Pretty nice lower volume stuff to mess around with. That got boring quick though. Two cabs, HG, balls to the wall. the tone stack even makes V30's sound awesome!

OK, I just couldn't rock the hell out with this wheat grill business going on. So, the CamDel 100, got a facelift.......

IMG_0260.jpg

Back