One of the most badass solos ever...imo

IHateRap

I haven't listened to this in a long time...just a rippin' solo. If you can't wait it starts at 2:38

Hell yeah, Minds Eye, Time Odyssey and Meltdown..... :rock:
Still in heavy listening rotation for me

Good stuff! I never got into Vinnie Moore and not sure why. I always planned on listening to his stuff but never got around to it.

I was into Tony Macalpine, Jason Becker, and Marty Friedman in high school so strange that he never came up.

I have always liked Vinnie Moore.
I personally like meltdown the best !
He got a bit heavier and veered a bit from the pure neo classical.

Vinnie Moore is great guitarist and composer. I like Time oddysey best. Fantastic combination of neoclasssic themes and catchy melodies. Excellent excercises for alternate picking and arpegios.
I saw him live last year and he had maybe best live tone I have ever heard beside absolutely amazing control over fretboard. He played Mezzabarba M zero overdrive with gain at noon and few stomps (wah, tuner, 2x boss dd3). I saw G3 same year and it looked like wankfest in comparison with Moore’s performance.

Vinnie is one of the coolest and most humble guys out there especially being a top tier player as he is, my two favorites are The Maze and Meltdown, both very cool albums. One of the benefits of living in Delaware is seeing him around, had a very intimidating show once where he sat basically front row, made me nervous as hell. Cool dude though

Meltdown is killer. I got it when I was in college around 94/95. Loved it. Vinnie’s arpeggios always sounded silky to me and effortless.

I've said for decades that he's one of the most underrated players out there, and I still say it.

Go Vinnie! :rock:

Thanks for posting! Like many others, I never got into Vinnie Moore but man, this guy rips! Seriously melodic too. I'm definitely going to check out more of his stuff.

I wouldn't say it is one of the best solos ever but it definitely is lights out awesome. Then again, I could probably find you 10 other Vinnie Moore solos equally as good. The guy is incredible. He is like a swiss army knife. He can do shred your face neoclassical, slow and melodic, jazzy, hard rock/blues .. anything. Sometimes he rolls them all into one. Also an incredible ear for tone and insane vibrato. Check his work here with UFO, this solo is beautiful at the 2:06 mark. Vinnie just has "it"

Vinnie Moore is incredible, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad song or anything just mailed in from him.

I too am a big Vinnie Moore fan. I loved Mind's Eye.

I was never into trying to play that style, but I really admired the composition and technique.

Ed

Big influence for me as well. My fav early(ish) tone of his was on "Out of Nowhere", it was just so dry, raw and crunchy. In more recent years I like his tone on "To The Core" quite a bit too.

I'm wondering what his newest release is like (tone, tunes, etc), "Soul Shifter"?? I'm sure it's great as usual and I'll pick it up at some point, just curious if anyone has heard the entire album yet (it just came out).

Back