Opinions of Marshall JVM 410H

Give me your opinions i am thinking of buying one of these wanted to know what the experts thinks of them. Sound reliability Etc.

I had the 210 and it was a high gain monster, but my 800's buried it at practice and made it sound thin. I liked all the switching options and separate masters, and the overall tone, but after getting overpowered by a 50 watt, it didn't last long.

I had one years ago and was an ok amp but ended up getting a JSX for gigging. Considering you can get a Splawn for way less or a Friedman for a bit more, probably not worth it. One thing that annoyed me was how much of a hassle it would have been if a fuse blew. It was like taking a Mazda apart.

Agreed. I had one for awhile, sounded real good at low volumes, sounded terrible when turned up. Many better amps in the same price range. Couldn't hang in volume, or tone with my 5150II, Uberschall, Krankenstein, or hell even my Crate Blue Voodoo.

Features are amazing, but base tone is thin, compressed, and noisy at high gain. As already stated, it gets lost in a band mix.

Having said that, OD1 amber mode is gold, and clean green is a great clean channel.

very expensive headphone amp. that is all.
thin tone, not bad at bedroom vol but turned up its crap.
my 5150iii makes it whine like a little bitch. thus i owned it for a month and she was gone. good riddance.
great footswitch though hahaha.

Fordman65":30p0gw9i said:
A big meh. Noisy, fizzy and cheaply made come to mind.

nigelpkay":30p0gw9i said:
Features are amazing, but base tone is thin, compressed, and noisy at high gain. As already stated, it gets lost in a band mix.

donho":30p0gw9i said:
very expensive headphone amp. that is all.
thin tone, not bad at bedroom vol but turned up its crap.
my 5150iii makes it whine like a little bitch. thus i owned it for a month and she was gone. good riddance.
great footswitch though hahaha.

+100

I agree to all of the above. I have been saying the same things for years. I'd take a 2203 + OD pedal any day.

not many fans here, but i dig my 410. big caveat: mine has several mods, like a choke, negative feedback resistor changed to JCM specs, and a gain reduction trim pot i put on the OD Orange and Red modes to make the gain sweep usable. and there's some tricks to dialing in a JVM, like keeping the Presence very low or at 0 and the Resonance always at 0.

so for trying one out, i recommend trying a modded one, or the Satriani 410 because it has some of those mods as stock, like the choke and the gain reduction resistor. and set the Presence and Resonance to 0.

it still may not be your thing; no worries. current new prices on them seem high; they were much lower when the line came out. for buying a used unmodded one, i would wait for a killer deal.

I played a total stock one then a modded one with premium tubes and mods and it definitely makes a difference.Then again, if someone's never played thee king of the hill:a jmp or jcm 800 2203 they may just be content with 410,it has a ton of options,thats for sure.For me so far,I bonded with a 30th anniv 6100 more though.

Back