Opinions on Orange 4x12?

MrPlexi

I need another cab for my PT100 ( the best amp in the world) so I can give my 4x12 Bogner back to my 101b,
so I've been looking at the new Bogner's with the new cool swirly pattern
but I'm also looking at getting an Orange 4x12 in black tolex.
I used to own one of their 2x12's and I remember it sounding massive with huge bottom end
but I've never played through one of their 4x12's.
The benchmark for me is Bogner but the Orange is a bit cheaper and shorter which is fine for me.

I recently had the choice of the Bogner Uberschall Cab (the swirly one :)) and the orange ppc 412 (and a mesa standard 412, but thats another story), and went with the bogner, that cab kicks so much ass in my opinion. I'm in love witht this cab, plus it's front-loaded, which kills, it gets a substantially better sound, but it is a little bit beam-like, where if you stand off to the side the sound fades farily quickly. It's got V30's and T75's, and the mixture is great. Better clarity and stuff, and great for chugging. Definitely worth the extra coin in my opinion. But I will someday grab an orange ppc 412 cab as well someday, just cause it is better for the road, and really does have that huge low end (but somehow tight) that you were talking about. If you want to try something other than Bogner, Orange is def the way to go. VHT Fatbottoms are great cabs to, but even more expensive. I would try them both, before deciding, because both have great qualities, but I wanted that extra clarity, and some of my favorite bands use this cab. I use it with a 6505+ and blackouts, and am getting great results. I can upload a clip if you want, let me know. Choose wisely!

Hey Mr. Plexi!!!!!! (Great user name)

I waited to chime in on your post cause like you I was searching for a cab for my PT100. I had a rare Saturday off (Letter Carrier) grabbed My PT, Guitar (very important) and hit the road to several stores here in the brew city. After trying at least 10 different cabs I settled on a Mesa 4x12 loaded with vintage 30's. It was a coin toss between the Orange and Mesa on which one to buy.

I ran both cabs together out of the head (which by the way was F*%#ing incredible) and then seperate. While both sounded great I really wanted to see what effect the womp switch had. Here is what I found.......you could really here the womp switch on the mesa not muddy and very effective, on the orange it was there and sounded good but kind of got lost, maybe the construction of the orange cab can absorb more of that bottom end not really sure on that one. As we all know it depends on the guitar, the guitar player :D and so on. Anyway....just wanted to thow in my .02.

I ended up getting a Marshall HW cab loaded with the 30 watt Green Backs and it kicks ass.
I found one for $800.00 from the guitar player in a band that opened for my band a couple weeks ago.
Man these Green Backs are amazing and the cab is very resonant and punchy. One thing I notice is that
it's not as directional as the Bogner so it sounds good from all angles. The other cool thing is it matches my 68 slant cab
so I can stack them and go for full Spinal Tap action.

I picked up a Orange PPC412 from Craigslist and added Scumback M75's (25 watt), I ended up pairing my GF45 with the cab and kept the PT100 with my Mesa 4x12 slant. You should check out Mesa's, they sound great with the PT100!

Back