opinions on theJBL LSR305 Professional Studio Monitor (PACK?

Dingleberries

are these decent monitors in general? What, if any, would be a better choice for low volume monitoring? I live in a studio apt and won't be able to crank my monitors. Would appreciate any recomendations for any monitors the effectivly represent the entire spectrum range. Thank you in advance!

I am curious also, because I have almost bought the 308 set a few times. The 305 and 308 both usually go on crazy sales around black Friday time.

It seems like they are well-liked, but I also noticed they have back ports. Most places say if you room is small, and the monitors will be close to the wall, you should look for front ports.

Shask":2yxcmwfc said:
I am curious also, because I have almost bought the 308 set a few times. The 305 and 308 both usually go on crazy sales around black Friday time.

It seems like they are well-liked, but I also noticed they have back ports. Most places say if you room is small, and the monitors will be close to the wall, you should look for front ports.

Thank for the feedback, I changed my mind and went with a pair of Mackie MR824-8" monitors :rock:

I see you went Mackie, but I figured I'd chime in with my opinion in case anyone else is considering the JBL. I bought a pair for my wife for her office music listening and we both think they're a pretty good sounding speaker for that purpose. MUCH better than the cheap BestBuy level Klipsch I bought for her that went back.

Back